Fair Haven state boat ramp

On Saturday afternoon, a park manager was at the launch and asked a few people what could be done to make things easier for when the water level comes up another 11 inches. We told her that they'll need a some kind of ramp to step from the launch ramp onto the floating dock. The whole conversation gave me the impression that they're planning on keeping the launch open and want to be ready for it.

3 hours ago, nomis said:

On Saturday afternoon, a park manager was at the launch and asked a few people what could be done to make things easier for when the water level comes up another 11 inches. We told her that they'll need a some kind of ramp to step from the launch ramp onto the floating dock. The whole conversation gave me the impression that they're planning on keeping the launch open and want to be ready for it.

Is the water level predicted to go up another 11 inches? If so where is that info? Hope to get my dock in this weekend.

4 hours ago, seeyawader said:

Is the water level predicted to go up another 11 inches? If so where is that info? Hope to get my dock in this weekend.

I'm just going by what she said, not something that I know for fact. But it definitely didn't seem like a number that she was just guessing at.

I believe they do it to control the flow of the river for the hydroelectric dams and/or for the shipping lanes.