for sale : usa 1981 Pro-line $2500/BO price drop

Chas0218

Well It saddens me to sell her but acquiring a new to me boat and I don't have the time, room, or money for both. This boat has caught a lot of fish and kept myself and others comfortable in rough seas. Great fishing platform with tons of room to fight fish.

I am selling my '81 Proline 23' walk around cuddy with '88 Johnson 150hp and trailer. Boat works as it should. The transom is solid and was replaced by previous owner how long ago I don't know. I'm selling this boat without electronics, auto pilot, rocket launchers, large cooler or cannon downriggers. I will include a Walker Lake troll downrigger with 2 10lbs. fish weights, and homemade planer board mast, Humminbird 727 FF (just not hooked up) I'll throw in a couple life preservers too nothing special just those orange horseshoe. The motor runs great, compression is good I tested it 2 seasons ago for chits and giggles. The shift cable was replaced last year with the Teleflex Xtreme. I can sea trial the boat if you would like she is still registered I think through this year maybe the next. Trailer has registration and a little long for the boat but fits it great otherwise. The hull handles the big water fantastic, I fish the east end where probably 85% of the time we have rough water and she doesn't miss a beat. 

This price also includes the trailer with like new tires (no dry rot and at least 90% tread left) and registration. This boat has treated myself and my family well and I had every intention of rebuilding it and using it as a tourney boat but don't have the extra time or money at this point in my life. I don't B.S. anyone so if you have questions ask. 

I'm basically selling for the price of the motor, trailer, and hydraulic steering. If you aren't sure what it comes with or want something let me know call or text me @ (315) 521-5006.

0511141023.jpg

Rocket Launcher_zpsbojssv4s.JPG

IMG953907.jpg

20140715_215452.jpg

Edited by Chas0218
  • Like 1

I must commend you. This is one of the most honest and open descriptions I’ve seen.

Good luck with your sale.

‘Bout Time

Mike

Thanks, im not looking to screw anyone. I figure if someone wants a cheap boat that will get them on the water so be it. If i don't get any takers this year I'll cut her up and sell the motor, trailer and accesories.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 5/17/2019 at 5:19 PM, FishnChef said:

Is that a single axle trailer it's on??

Double, this trailer pulls fantastic behind my 2003 Silverado 1500. I got 10 mpg pulling it from Chaumont Bay to Sodus Bay for the the Pro/Am.

Bump for anyone looking for a cheap boat to get them out on the water. I'll be pulling the gear off this weekend and will get a few updated pictures. I would let the auto-pilot go with the boat for $3500. It is an Evo 100 with hydraulic pump. I have ran it in 6' breaking waves on a 8hp kicker and never had an issue staying straight into the waves. It is an essential for anyone that fishes alone. I can set it on straight line course by pressing 1 button and go set lines. It is like having another person on the boat.

Edited by Chas0218

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Boy thats a LOT of boat for the money.. good luck with the sale,,,  Super deal...

Pro Line boats are not real well known or real popular up here in NY state, but down in NJ and LI the ocean and bays are full of them, and they are  very well respected as a very solid and stable big water hull.. Nice deal on this one...

Edited by bulletbob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheezman said:

Any idea how much she weighs?

According to NADA the dry weight is 2300 Lbs. I would guess with the motor and boat you're looking at 3000 Lbs. add gear and fuel you would be be close to 3800-4000 Lbs. I've never taken it across the scales but my 1500 Silverado pulls it no problem.

8 hours ago, bulletbob said:

Boy thats a LOT of boat for the money.. good luck with the sale,,,  Super deal...

Pro Line boats are not real well known or real popular up here in NY state, but down in NJ and LI the ocean and bays are full of them, and they are  very well respected as a very solid and stable big water hull.. Nice deal on this one...

I love this hull it is super stable and can handle the big water. It has a little smaller dead-rise than the newer hulls but you would never know it. You have to really try to get this hull to smack in a big chop, and the 23' in my opinion is the perfect trailering length. Short enough to pull with a small pickup but can handle the big water. 

Like I mentioned I fish the NE end of the lake and have limited time of nice weather so if it isn't 8'-10' waves I'm fishing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 9:34 AM, Chas0218 said:

I love this hull it is super stable and can handle the big water. It has a little smaller dead-rise than the newer hulls but you would never know it. You have to really try to get this hull to smack in a big chop, and the 23' in my opinion is the perfect trailering length. Short enough to pull with a small pickup but can handle the big water. 

Like I mentioned I fish the NE end of the lake and have limited time of nice weather so if it isn't 8'-10' waves I'm fishing.

True statement about fishing rough water on the NE end of Lake O. We either learn to fish rough water, or we sit on the dock and watch the wind blow. Not to mention the strong currents we get up here.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...