me first bear.....experance (not bare)

ray koziatek

short story or the whole thing///Many moons ago there was born a great hunter- gatherer,the natives called him omganothershortfatbaldone. or bald-e short for Bald Eagle or,ray as many here know him.he weaned himself from his mother on his own at the young age of 16 .shortly after that he started to persue the beast of the wild,such as rabbits, grouse and mice.then one day while sneaking through the underware er um brush he was mounted by a great buck, that broke his sperit and many other things .upon returning to his village he was picked on and called the amounted one.this made him angry and from that day on he vowed to shoot a buck a year for the rest of his life.one warm day he was hunting in his fishing suit(buffy) and was mistaken by a bear for a mate due to his hairy back. the bear had his way with him in the den for the winter and when he escaped his scalp was worn bald and from that day on he vowed to shoot a bear a year for the rest of his life.and so the cycle has started....the end ,,,,or is it the beginning????????

short story or the whole thing///Many moons ago there was born a great hunter- gatherer,the natives called him omganothershortfatbaldone. or bald-e short for Bald Eagle or,ray as many here know him.he weaned himself from his mother on his own at the young age of 16 .shortly after that he started to persue the beast of the wild,such as rabbits, grouse and mice.then one day while sneaking through the underware er um brush he was mounted by a great buck, that broke his sperit and many other things .upon returning to his village he was picked on and called the amounted one.this made him angry and from that day on he vowed to shoot a buck a year for the rest of his life.one warm day he was hunting in his fishing suit(buffy) and was mistaken by a bear for a mate due to his hairy back. the bear had his way with him in the den for the winter and when he escaped his scalp was worn bald and from that day on he vowed to shoot a bear a year for the rest of his life.and so the cycle has started....the end ,,,,or is it the beginning????????

Bob where did you find this guy? Think he goes by the name " omganothershortfatbaldone" :rofl:

Nice "BARE" man! Loved the story too! :rofl: Was he HARD to git? How far out didja hafta troll the table scraps? You da Man, very strong too! Bear was comin' right to ya from downwind I'll bet. Did ya use "brutus" by Fabriqe' :lol: But seriously, a very nice looking bear Ray, congrats to a good shot with the smoke pole :clap:

• 5 years later...

Ahh i see the fog .. Well it was the last day of season as i remember..my target that day was to fill my buck tag..the temps were way outa line and the snow melting fast,i was tracking a nice buck,and the way the snow was melting at 8 am on the west facing side of hill i knew i had a little over a hour before the sun was high enuf to break the top of the hill. I hadn't seen the buck yet but the spacing and size of the track told me all i needed..due to the morning fog i knew i could push him and get a lucky break within 1/2 mile.he angled the hill perfect and i could keep a good pace on him..thats when i first crossed the bear tracks. they looked to be a week old . I discounted them and kept tracking the buck..It took 45 min before i got to see the buck he was 90yds or so at the top of the hill.I knew he was gonna turn to double check his 6 before heading into a bedding area. I had a dead bead resting on a tree with a almost perfect shot..when the smoke cleared he was gone..i went to where he was standing and their wasnt a single hair or sign just 4 deep marks where he jumped..about 10 yds towards where i shot from,I found a tasty 1in baby oak..cut right in half,,just enuf haze in the air that i didnt see it when taking the shot..as i was doing my NCIS figuring out why i missed i noticed my 20 min old tracks looked like a 2 day old track..then a bright light went off..ok it was the sun reflecting off my bald spot.I then realized those bear tracks were fresher than i thought..well i was on top of the hill sweating like a fool (overdressed) so i followed the ridge south and in about 1/2 mile i crossed his tracks again this time i followed them..he went over the hill and i tracked it for about a mile close to the only house on top of the hill..as it went on anothers land I knew the chase was over...or was it..it was about noon hot (for dec.) snow melting fast and so was I. I decided to drop over the hill and walk the pipelin 2 miles to my van..well 1/3 of the way down the hill there are fresh very fresh bear tracks heading back towards my van. With the wind to my back i knew i would have to go back to the top of the hill head north along the ridge for a mile and drop back down and double back..their was no sneaking heading back up the hill as time and speed was critical to pass the bear and cut him off...did i mention sweat,and screaming legs..?? Well lady luck and a plan were on my side i dropped off the top and bingo no bear tracks..so i started still hunting into the wind hopeing for a shot...i didnt go 100 yds and their was a belly growl 30 yds in the thick laurel in front of me he stood tall for 1 sec dropped down and started running down the hill...in 1 /2 second i was on it fired the shot and after the smoke cleared it was too quiet..not a stick or brushing branch from wher i shot.. I stood still and after about 20 sec i could see a tiny patch of black..Like a idiot i started walking to it then i remembered to stop and reload..I think i reloaded in record time thinking of a posable wonded bear...at 10 yds it let out his last breath ..dropped it almost in its tracks with a neck shot..(luck)thats it ....oh draging out a bear alone 300 yds is another story but i did it ..

Great story Ray! Memory isn't too bad either. ...can't get visions out a my head, of the bear rubbing yer skull bald on the cave wall though. Bet that's why you had this one's skull polished shiny. ..return favor? Go get your big woods buck...need more stories! Good luck, don't overdress...leave clothes home..bear skin ..heap good decoy, hmmm!

Cent frum my notso smart fone

Edited by skipper19