lake erie walleye

dremarquis

HI all,

i know this is the lake ontario forum but i am hoping to fish lake erie next week for the first time ever. My brother and his son will be visiting from Texas and neither have ever caught an eye. I have not been doing well on Conesus so far, so i want to make the trip to Erie.

On conesus, i often catch eyes trolling lures like Bomber Long A's in 6-12 fow at night. I have tried trolling Conesus during the day deeper, but have not caught any eyes. Will similar tactics work on Erie = deeper in the daytime and shallower during the night?

i don't want to drive too far, so are Buffalo and Niagara the two options for ports?

thanks very much,

andre

Same tactics will work for early season walleye on Lake Erie and any of the far eastern areas are the areas to try it.

Also if you are not aware of it, Lake Erie has probably some of the best bass fishing in the country, so if you want to try that with them that may be worth the try also.

Bass fisherman from all over the east have already started to converge on Dunkirk for the spring trophy season.

Do a night run in the shallows. Stay away on a weekend though. Flat line stick baits in 5-10fow

Daytime try 15-30 fow. Lead cores and sticks, or mark a pocket of fish and jig blades / hairs / emeralds.

This time of year, I agree with the above post. Def have a backup plan for small Mouth. Either way, be a sheep and follow the boats just don't be a googan