Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bettieanne

Eagles an cormorants

Took my youngest out and was hopeing to get into some perch. Launched at baldeagle and motored to yanty. There were 5 eagles and more cormorants than I have ever seen except for lil gallo up north, which they leveled. There were proly couple hundred hope this isn't a trend. We all know what they are capable of. Not a bite in creeks so did a pass for brown's to get the boy some fish. 20190511_140238.jpeg20190511_140241.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

I think that smile says it all. Great to see kids out !👍👍

That's the best pic I've seen in awhile. Pretty sure I can speak for everybody when I say, that right there is what it's all about. Kudos to you!

Please send your observations re the cormorants to the DEC in Avon ,they need to hear from all of us that are totally discussed with nothing being done, controlled by a judge in a Washington, it's a problem all over. 

Looks like that boy was having the time of his life! Keep that fun going for him. On my way out Sandy channel Saturday morning first light we saw a cormerant with a 6" bass in his mouth and in the evening a quarter mile off shore there was a eagle chasing a fish hawk around for 5 minutes, that was a way cool sight to see!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 5/12/2019 at 11:33 AM, jilou1ow said:

Please send your observations re the cormorants to the DEC in Avon ,they need to hear from all of us that are totally discussed with nothing being done, controlled by a judge in a Washington, it's a problem all over. 

Could also consider voicing concerns to Albany or Washington. Hardworking folks in Avon likely have little time or ability to influence change on federal wildlife decisions. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Eagles and Muskies, Lake of the Woods, Canada

Sharing a memory from this year.   Its late September and Bob Holden and I are fishing in Canadian Esox's Musky Tournament. Bob is an accomplished multi species angler. Fishing has been poor with rain and fog in the morning and bluebird sky in the afternoon. Its now late in the day and we have only time for one more troll at Forest Island. We released our lures. I let out a Live Target Sucker and Bob let out a white Jake made by Drifter Tackle. Suddenly my line went skyward f

in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)

• Sandy Creek Cormorants

On Saturday it looked like a big flock of cormorants got blown off the lake and took up residence in the creek. In the frogwater section between East Fork Marine and the lake, I estimated 150 birds. I'd never seen that before in the past 30 years. They've been in the lower section since then. Yesterday evening, I launched and motored towards the lake, and there were probably 80 birds sitting on the spit to the East of the creek, along the East bay......   

in Open Lake Discussion

• Eagles claw dipsey rods

10 ft mh eagle claw rods one was used twice the other is a older . Both with tips 40 bucks Pulaski area   Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Lake Ontario United mobile app    

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• Cormorants on cayuga

Cormorants on cayuga  Has anyone noticed they are there by the THOUSANDS???.. I knew they were around, but the south end of the lake was infested with them, from Treman to Myers and beyond.. big flocks everywhere, diving, resting, flying.. Great,... with all the problems on these lakes, this is just what we needed,.,, I hope they eat billions of  gobies, and choke as they are doing it.. Cormorants in  the numbers I observed is a very  bad  thing.. They decimate fish populations in pretty

in Finger Lakes Discussion

• Cormorants

Went out fishing with my dad today and while in the back of devil's cove we heard a bunch of shots... probably 50-100 when we went out there was a boat with some people with shot guns and some people on the island with a cottage with shotguns... or so it looked... we went and it looked like many dead birds floating... no idea if they were doing it legally or if they just had the balls to try it in broad daylight... anyway when we left the sheriff's boat was just pulling up... if it ws legal I ne

in Waterfowl / Bird Game