Aqua tubes by Army Corps Engineers

My mom called me about tubes they’re setting for the rising lake level. They have 4 foot bases and stand a few feet high. Filled with water. I believe they’re more for wind, waves and storm surge, not for actual lake level rise. Our concrete wall stands about 2 ft above current level and they’re predicting 22” rise to the crest. Pics are from an adjacent beach.

Anyone else hearing about these tubes?

IMG_1443.JPGIMG_1444.JPGIMG_1445.JPGIMG_1446.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

4 hours ago, greenboatluke said:

My mom called me about tubes they’re setting for the rising lake level. They have 4 foot bases and stand a few feet high. Filled with water. I believe they’re more for wind, waves and storm surge, not for actual lake level rise. Our concrete wall stands about 2 ft above current level and they’re predicting 22” rise to the crest. Pics are from an adjacent beach.

Anyone else hearing about these tubes?

IMG_1443.JPGIMG_1444.JPGIMG_1445.JPGIMG_1446.JPG

Where did you hear or see a 22" higher crest?

This was third party info... just quoting what my mother told me. She got it from the majority land owner at the lake. I thought 22” was a bit much myself, but maybe why the Corp of Engineers is involved this year, I guess.

Post was more about the tubes and to see if other land owners / beach associations are looking at this option. Or been approached by the A.C.E.

13 hours ago, greenboatluke said:

This was third party info... just quoting what my mother told me. She got it from the majority land owner at the lake. I thought 22” was a bit much myself, but maybe why the Corp of Engineers is involved this year, I guess.

Post was more about the tubes and to see if other land owners / beach associations are looking at this option. Or been approached by the A.C.E.

I wouldn't be surprised if it peaked 22" above the average by the end of the month.

• 2 weeks later...