May 11:

Tough morning for us. We had a short morning trip, and we wish we had a little longer to fish. All we could muster up were Lake Trout and a handful of Coho Salmon. Seemed like we found the right water at the end of trip, but didn't have time to work it long enough. Either way, these guys from Syracuse had a great time, and will be back next year.

May 12:

I guess all these Salmon wanted was a front to feast up before! What a difference a day makes. We had a stiff East wind all morning, but rods were popping! We worked out front of the harbor in 70-100' of water. We had Familiar Bite going on our Cannon Downriggers, but junk lines saved the day. We had a 5 & 10 color FishUSA Stealthcore going as well as a 300' A-Tom-Mik Mfg. copper. All three were pulling spoons. UV beefeater, UV Glow Green Alewife, and Wonderbread all took fish. We lost 6 Salmon, but these two guys from Maine left with their limit of Lake Trout and 4 Salmon.

IMG_20190512_075442.jpegIMG_20190512_082323.jpegIMG_20190512_082154.jpegIMG_20190511_082034.jpegIMG_20190511_102251.jpegIMG_20190511_072203.jpegIMG_20190512_095142.jpegIMG_20190511_075852.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Eyecatcher said:

Great fishing!  For me, coming up to fish means taking the trip from Pittsburgh.  Your detailed reports really help a weekend warrior have a good start with up to date info!  Thank you so much for taking the time to post.

Ditto Eyecatcher.  I live in New Castle Pa so I really appreciate the guys on this forum that are willing to share info.  Great bunch of guys on this forum!!

• Thanks 1

So, what all y'all are telling us is that we have Yankee to blame for the traffic at the Bar? Notice he said one of the days was a bust. Lakers and coho. I'd stay home and fish bluegill lol.

Tear 'em up, boys.

• Haha 2