Best track system for rod holders

I run cannons with the dual axis ratcheting holders, I like them because you can pull them straight up and out without leaning all the way over the side of the boat. My wife could never get a rod out of our previous holders with a fish on them.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I like the single axis cannon ratcheting holders better than the duel axis. the duel axis adjusts from one pin hole to the next from side to side. where as the single axis can be adjusted as little or as much as you like up to 70 degrees each way.

I almost switched to the traxstech holders because they have 17 up and down adjustments with the lowest one below level. but I bought one off ebay to check them out before I invested the money. I liked the up and down adjustments better than the 6 adjustments on the cannon. but the cannon can be set with only one hand and the traxstech takes both hands. so I decided to stay with the cannon because it much easier to set the holder with a rod in your hand.

I think he's asking about the tracks themselves... and to answer that, they all are good and basically universal. Bert's has the nice end stops that I like, but they are prolly the most expensive of the bunch. Poor Man's tracks are a little different design than the rest but also are the cheapest. You can't really go wrong with Berts, Cisco, Traxstech or Big Jon, haven't heard much about Poor Mans but they are an option as well.

36" Berts - $105
36" Cisco - $75
36" Big Jon - $85

36" Traxstech - $83
36" Poor Mans - $60

Edited by FishingFool34
  • Like 1

I like the single axis cannon ratcheting holders better than the duel axis. the duel axis adjusts from one pin hole to the next from side to side. where as the single axis can be adjusted as little or as much as you like up to 70 degrees each way.

I almost switched to the traxstech holders because they have 17 up and down adjustments with the lowest one below level. but I bought one off ebay to check them out before I invested the money. I liked the up and down adjustments better than the 6 adjustments on the cannon. but the cannon can be set with only one hand and the traxstech takes both hands. so I decided to stay with the cannon because it much easier to set the holder with a rod in your hand.

I like the stops on traxstech better than the cannon. but I bought cannon with my rod holders so i'll just keep using the cannon stops.

14 minutes ago, whycanteye said:

You didn't even mention the cannons that we're talking about, they're $68 for a 36"er on eBay and very nice, heavy duty track.

lol there's so many companies that make them I did forget about Cannon you're right... regular price on Cannon 36" is $80 but they are on sale on ebay right for $68.

• Like 1

This is the only pic I can find of my Cannon track and holders, also my custom built coffee pot holder. I use a small back packing stove in the bottom and a percolator pot on it. 15408.thumb.jpg.3658a41769fa69dcc751c79b2bcc6562.jpg

Badass
  • Like 2

I really like the Cisco. End stops are integral set screws and not a plastic end piece. Ends of track are nicely rounded and not square cut. My fishmaster came with bunch of traxstech or berts. I put Cisco across the back and it made me almost want to replace the other stuff. I just dont like the plastic end caps or the squared cut ends.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I ha e Cannon and another manufacturer that was not listed. Can't remember the name.... After seeing a bunch of tracks, they are all pretty much the same dang thing and will do the job. Buy the cheapest name brand you can.

• Like 3

On 5/14/2019 at 2:41 PM, sherman brown said:

I like the traxstech stops.

WT;

I have 18' of Traxstech tracks on my boat, & I like them the best.

Good luck

John