What would be your spread?

Just poking the minds of other fishermen...say your fishing from the 50-100fow...what would be your spread? I’m thinking a 300copper on one side with maybe a 7-10color core on the other and maybe another rod on each planer board with a dipsey set off each side set on 2...and not sure if I’d stack the riggers or just single line down...what’s your thoughts gentlemen

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Pretty much always start, 2 riggers, 2 dipseys, 2 boards depends on my starting depth if I'm running Copper or lc on the boards. It doesn't really matter if it's just me and the wife or a boat full I pretty much run a 6 rod spread.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

For a 6 rod setup - Rigger on either side at 80 ft and 100 ft. Dipsey on either side at 60 ft and 80 ft deep. 300 copper (or 10 color leadcore) and 400 copper on boards. 

For a 4 rod setup - Rigger at 100 ft, Dipsey on either side at 60 ft and 80 ft (and be prepared to switch one wire to another rigger if riggers are firing). One copper 300 ft or 400 ft on a board depending on the temps.

For a 3 rod setup, one person ... use 4 rod, but do away with the copper.

Don't need to put dipseys on boards.

King fishing?

3 riggers (2 outside riggers mid water with spoons (DW regular), 1 center rigger deep (within 30' of bottom) with cutbait

2 divers pulling 8" spin doctors and flies

300' copper w/ paddle and meat outside on port board

150' copper w/ spoon inside on port board

350 copper w/ paddle and meat on outside starboard board

100' copper w/ spoon on inside starboard board

chute rod could be anything from 100'-200' copper pulling a spoon to 250'-450' copper w/ paddle and meat

Well for me lake Ontario this time of the year for a 6 rod spread 2 riggers, 2 divers, 2 junk lines.

Typically start a little higher and closer to the boat first thing in the morning and spread out & down as day goes on and adjust to marks & strikes.

Edited by rookie fisherman

For us its, 75 copper, 150 copper, diver and a rigger. other side 150 copper 250 copper, diver and a rigger. if I need I will set one more diver on each side. the copper will change depending on where the fish are and water temp. also a Barbie fishing pole with 400  copper

The call for tomorrow will be two surface lines and two 125' coppers, all run off the Otter Boats, complemented with two slide divers and two rigger rods. If we slide out deeper I may throw a 300' copper out the chute. In June we'll transition to running in line planing weights between 1 and 4 ounces on the short copper, and at some point the shorts will become longs (400' and 500' off the boards). The surface and slide diver rods will morph into double wire Dipsys. I find it difficult to justify running more than eight rods with the law of diminishing returns (but an exponential increase in tangles). And of course we catch all the fish we want on eight rigs (not including Snoopy) anyway lol.

Edited by Gator

If you have three aboard, two junk lines on planer boards, two divers and two riggers.  Depending on time of year and depth of fish, the junk lines can be anything from flatlines to split shot rigs to keel weights to leadcore to copper.  The divers could be anything from mini disks, to size 0 divers to standard divers to mag divers (including slide divers).  Two riggers could be any combination of spoons, flashers and flies or flashers and meat.  As others have mentioned, depends on time of year, water temp, species targeting, time of day, weather etc etc.  Endless combinations to keep us from getting bored.  NOT bobber and worm fishing.  

Wow. I'm going to guess you're in the minority running four riggers in place of junk lines or divers (which are our top producer most days), and particularly going 3.5 mph - that's hauling some serious a$$ - but whatever works, right?