Wilson boat launch closed

@battlehammer you heading to Erie for eyes?  I've been out twice so far with very limited catches.  Trying to leave the egg bearing females alone and have been targeting shallow males after dark, but with the catch rate being slower, I'm thinking about hitting offshore reefs to fill the box.  Any success for you so far on spring eyes???

@battlehammer I agree.  Try to get out before dusk.  Ripping through mouth of Smokes fishing the same method as you do for Walleye will yield you guys some serious Slaunch Donkeys.  I hammered dozens of them a few days ago. 

That was a blast.  I'm relatively new to the Walleye troll.  You guys run Huskie's primarily?  Or even drop harnesses back?  I'm heading out Friday

Just a thought, why just because the water gets deeper do "they"  close everything down??  The oceans  are miles deep and they don't shut them down due to deep water.  JMO the water is not the problem it is the people operating the launches/docks not taking the time to move, raise, extend, repair & make the docks useable.  We all pay to use the launches, improvements should be made when needed.   Olcott is always great & taken care of , no reason why all the others can't be!  No reason launches should be closed.

I agree- Olcott has it together. Wilson is State owned- that’s the problem with Wilson- common sense and State run anything never co-exist together. Wilson put floating docks in this year that you have to get to by walking on concrete- concrete that is the same level as the original dock that were their-genius’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

27 minutes ago, battlehammer said:

Those are mostly boat houses and yes they are under water- The houses are all up above- that’s the Island. All private owned homes. No restaurants of any kind

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Oh okay, I saw a pavilion looking structure wasn't sure if it were a boat house. Either way that still sucks, we are a little higher up by the river but still seems like we are loosing a good amount of shoreline the last 2 years.