Cayuga perch

Never fished Cayuga tomorrow heading to state park to launch for perch looking at map was going to head north to start around old pilings not looking for any secrets but am I going right direction thanks

I have fished for perch in Cayuga a lot but not from there.  I usually launch at union springs and fish directly across from launch on the west side and then move south of that. Sometimes I hit them and sometimes not so much. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

1 hour ago, Hooked Custom Lures said:

we usually get them just north of frontenac island or north by the bouys

Good info... also on the west side near Canoga out from Parker Road where it starts dropping off (about 18 ft or so starts it probably stay to the north of it)

Edited by Sk8man

Well not a bad day of fishing better than working fished north of Parker rd 18-20 lots of small fish cleaned 12 couple of really nice guys gave us two nice perch have enough for couple of meals Bill lives on lake says fishing been slow water cold thanks for info gentlemen

Nice job.  We were in Keuka today.  The perch population is very low there.  When the bait crashed a few years ago the lakers and everything else including big perch fed on the young perch.  It’s been tough there.

The fish have been real shallow. We have been slamming them in like 6 feet of water on the west side of Cayuga north end. Anywhere south of Red Jacket to the point is loaded. We just go dock to dock. A lot of small ones, but you could fill a bucket with 11 inchers if you gave it a couple of hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United