Learning charter

Just coming back to LO after years away. Any captains do a learning charter? I thought I read last year someone was holding special learning charters

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

There are a lot of really good charter captains on here and I'm sure that nearly any of them would be great sources of information if approached with that in mind. It could be helpful to formulate some questions in advance and let them know this in advance of the charter date and engage them in conversation when not actively engaged in critical activities (e.g. navigating in traffic, rigging equipment, making sonar adjustments etc.) Although this seems like common sense not everyone exercises the proper mutual respect these days:smile:

I'm pretty sure Rick from Dreams Come True Charters out of Mexico was doing something along the lines of a learning charter. It was some classroom stuff followed by a couple hours on the boat actually using what he taught (Think I saw him advertise that on fb). But I can almost guarantee that any charter will gladly take you out, show you the ropes and answer any questions you have. I'm willing to bet you will get multiple responses to this post from charter guys on this site willing to do what you're looking for. What port you looking to go out of? There's charter from every corner of the lake on here.

Dear LOTSA member:

Over the years our Salmon School and monthly club meetings have provided LOTSA members with invaluable information from experienced fishermen and Charter Captains.  Many of these tips and techniques have directly led to some impressive catches including multiple derby and tournament cashing entries.

We are taking it a step further by moving the class from the classroom to the lake with our first installment of a hands on Salmon School Charter.  This will be a full day charter from 6am to 2pm and you will be involved in the daily routine of a Charter Captain from gear selection,  decisions where to start fishing, deployment tactics, tackle choices and presentations, organizational tips, etc... This will  be a catch and release trip and we will practice those techniques also.

The trip is only open to current LOTSA members and limited to 2 people per sign up.  The total number for the day will be open to 6 people and is being run on Sun June 9th from Wilson.  The Teaching Trip will run on TWO BULLS SPORTFISHING with Captain Joe Gallo. Contact Joe directly at 716-998-2296, [email protected] or www.twobullssportfishing.com to make arrangements.  This is a first come first serve basis and receipt of payment locks in your spot.  In the event of bad weather, refunds will be given if a make up trip cannot be arranged.

Cost is $75 per person and  all proceeds from this class go directly to the pen projects in Olcott and Wilson to help sustain our world class fishery.
  • Like 1