I troll for Salmon alot around the "Can". When it is slow, I have even brought my Float reel and tried it on the Lakers from the Fort down to the drop-off. Yes, I'm the one you come and see if I am okay with my riggers on the boat and just sitting there catching fish floating around. With a float reel, you have a totally different feeling fighting a fish. It seems you are in more contact with the fish and have control of what happens. Until you actually give a float/drifting reel a try, you will not know this feeliing of truly fishing. Give it a shot someday, you will be surpised. I was....Rob!

oh geez i totally forgot about this thread, i sincerely apologize if i offended anyone, i actually posted this originally to give a couple of buddies a bit of grief, but i see it's picking up steam again, I honestly have no ill will against centerpinners, it's an extremely effective way of putting fish in the net, sarcasm and jokes dont come through very well on a keyboard, so all my deepest apologies if anyone took this the wrong way, even though i am a fly fisherman to the end i will never seriously argue the advantages that pinning offers, like i said to each his own, but i will continue to dish out grief to my pinning friends, just not on a website anymore, lol!

It's soooo easy a caveman could do it.

I could careless if people floatfish or not. The only thing that bothers me is people hero drifting through my drift when there is plenty of river available. and btw,,,, floatfishing isn't really that easy, there is an art to it.

There is a time a place for almost all types of fishing and floats certainly have their place.

I troll for Salmon alot around the "Can". When it is slow, I have even brought my Float reel and tried it on the Lakers from the Fort down to the drop-off. Yes, I'm the one you come and see if I am okay with my riggers on the boat and just sitting there catching fish floating around. With a float reel, you have a totally different feeling fighting a fish. It seems you are in more contact with the fish and have control of what happens. Until you actually give a float/drifting reel a try, you will not know this feeliing of truly fishing. Give it a shot someday, you will be surpised. I was....Rob!

HeyBob, you should set your CPs in the riggers and troll with them, it is a blast!!!!!! Last year while I was out there my one cp rod took 50% of my hits the whole trip. Talk a blast, spring kings on the lake with a CP is AWESOME!!!!!!! This year I will have 2 CPs set up in the riggers when I get there. I have video of it being done last year. It might even be posted here in the video section. Good Luck.

Rich