Cape Cod sea bass

Kevin J Legg

As good as it gets eating wise. Have enjoyed fishing for them, and eating them for a long, long time. Any Fluke?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

IMG_0336.JPG

We'll be at Buzzard's Bay in two weeks for a four day weekend. My buddy just barely got his boat ready for today's opener...they buried his trailer'd boat behind several rigs on blocks and he had to wait until they were gone before he could get to his new ride. That would drive me nuts. Still, he did okay today on BSB, but it's at least a week behind past years.

Edited by Gator

Always a great excuse to be out on the cape no matter what species:smile: We have to go out aways for the blues and stripers mid summer. My favorite time there is September/October when all the tourists are gone....have the place to yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff kevin! I enjoy the seclusion and unique beauty of the Maine coast. My wife and little ones enjoy the warmer waters of Cape Cod. So we are headed to Falmouth this summer for our family vacation. Not looking forward to crowds and the awful drive. Very much looking forward to QT with the fam, wetting a line, and a good lobster roll!! Always enjoy your pics kevin.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I'll be in West Falmouth in six hours. And I'll have a limit of BSB over 20" in seven! Five days of chasing feeds in Buzzards Bay and Vineyard sound. Keep your fingers crossed for light winds. I'll report when I get back.

• Like 2

As promised, limits of 20" plus fish every day. Unreal the colors on these guys. Check out the montage my buddy Bill put together. We've also done striped bass to 28" and snapper blues. The weather has been calm and partly cloudy. What a great trip!

BSB2.thumb.JPG.3097887bf0fbac3cad7a2a84be31948d.JPGBSB1.thumb.JPG.2cd4c59f04be4c9a40756c6e968f0320.JPG

• Like 2

WTG Keith:smile: I'll be at the Eastham/Orleans area for two weeks at the end of June and hope for some striper action out aways

We got so lucky with the weather...it was crap before we got here and it's going to be windy as we're getting ready to leave. It's no fun trying to drift in 20 mph+ and 4' waves. But we had a beautiful window and made the most of it. We hit a nice keeper striped bass yesterday and a madhouse feed of schoolies that was insane for two hours. And our final limit of BSB. Ready to hit the road home in an hour or so. Tight lines!

We had a transient slip at Kingsman Yacht Club and fished the Northern part of the Bay. Saturday morning we ran South through the Woods Hole passage (in dense fog, following the Martha's Vineyard ferry through) and crushed the stripers on the Middle Grounds in Vineyard Sound, but that was a long run, and we never found big fish on Lucas Shoal. Mostly we just stayed near the Western canal entrance and the various structures within a ten minute run. The BSB were everywhere, but we targeted bigger fish by using 9" plastics. Less on the hook, but nearly all of them over 20". It was truly a meat run, and the freezer is full.