Sunscreen

Good question. I use Eucerin Daily Protection Face Lotion. Its 
SPF 30 and its a moisturizer too. It has Zinc Oxide in it. My old dermatologist told me if a sunscreen 

doesn't have Zinc oxide in it your wasting your money. Not to expensive . If theres something better I'd like to know what it is.

I have read some good things about this Biore and Neutrogena stuff.  If it really doesn’t feel greasy or not noticeable after a few minutes it would be worth the extra cost.   

https://theinventory.com/this-japanese-sunscreen-is-the-first-skincare-thing-ive-1828370379

Edited by pvelyk

UPF clothing and large brim hats. My FIL wears them we call them rice patty hats because they are quite large only problem is that it doesn't protect from the glare off the water. On a boat you're actually getting hit twice from the sun above and off the water. I use the neutrogena face sunscreen and usually use the regular stuff on my neck and ears because it is cheap and does a good job. 

One thing to remember is none are sweat proof some are just a little stickier and should be reapplied every few hours. 

Here is the style I am referring to.

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/en/gear-and-accessories/hats/sombriolet-sun-hat/p/2434411115008 

Edited by Chas0218
  • Like 1

I've had a few frozen off.  So definitely watch it now.    The Neutrogena 100spf sheer stuff works well on face.   Not greasy at all.  Holds up well.  Protects well.   Thinksport zinc works well also.   Doesn't rub in as well, but works well.    I see Neutrogena has a zinc based now.  I'll try that this year.    I've tried allot of masks   The simms masks have been the best.   Actually wearable and can still breath.  I usually use those for those direct sun days with no clouds when sun is at peak.  Hard to beat that.  The simms sun shirts are pretty good too.   Actually keep you pretty cool also.   

• Like 1