Electronics Recommendation

New-to-me 19' WT needs an electronics upgrade.  Have been doing some research and I am a bit confused by all of the available options, transducers, down-scan, side-scan, structure-scan, total-scan, etc.  It's a bit daunting.  I am curious what everyone is using for a sonar, plotter, etc.  Are you satisfied with it?  Which features do you find useful and not so useful?  Any regrets or problems with the unit you are using?  I intend to use the boat for everything from bluegills with the kids to salmon and trout on the big water.  As always, I appreciate the insight.     

The Lowrance Elite Ti2 setup would be under $1500.  That would include Totalscan transducer.  Read up on it.  I'd like to tell you I love mine but I just put it in the boat and have to send it back to lowrance because it's reading .2-1.8 MPH while sitting at the dock.  I'm sure it's not the norm and I just got a lemon.  The Elite series has a lot of features for the price.  Mine is also a Ti  not a Ti2.

This is just my opinion but.

Get the biggest screen you can afford, and get something with nmea 2000. That way if you want to add autopilot or another screen later you can. Also think about buying used. The price is a 1/2 the cost of new. Other than that. Manufacturer is personal preference. All the major manufactures make good stuff Go some place like west Marine and try some out.

I hope this helps.

Oh. P.s. side scan and structure scan will be usless salmon fishing, there for shallow water

Sent from my moto g(6) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm happy with my helix 9.
It is the mega scan with down and side imaging which I use for multie species and lakes and rivers.
I believe last poster is kinda correct about it being useful for salmon on lake o, but early in the season (even now) there are salmon ,browns ,Lakers shallow.
May be useful late in the season as well when fish are in closer staging.

My helix can do more than I'm capable of unless my kids help me. But big screen is nice.

Might be some sales this weekend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Stick with traditional sonar and you'll be fine. Humminbird HELIX Sonar/GPS units are a great bang for your buck. I find when people get all the other sonars/imaging that's available they spend more time fooling around with sonar than fishing.