Slip in Henderson Area

Rod,

What kind of slip are you looking for? There are covered and there are uncovered. There is a couple of different marinas up there that have slips. You can check out Harbor's End, there is also the old LOMM marina, not sure the exact name bubt I could get it for you. There is also the Yatch club over in town also.

Rich

Thanks guys. You think I should look for covered? This is my first year getting a slip on the lake, so your advise is appriciated. This is my first designated "lake boat". I'm stoked about the prospect of not only having a bigger boat, but not hauling to to and from the lake every time. My wife is not so pleased about it, cause I already rent a slip on the St. Lawrence for my bass boat. That being said, price does matter, at least to some degree.

I searched the internet, but only found one place on associated island ( I think?). It seemed real nice, but the slips were 12 to 14 hundred for a 24 foot for the season, and I'd like to do a little better if I can. Also, I'd think closer to the trench would be better, since the open lake will always be my destination.

I'll be heading up in a few weeks to visit marinas and secure a slip, so any help will be much appriciated!

Thanks again guys.

Rod K

24ftSeaRay1.jpg

Lake Ontario Mariner's Marina is probably your best bet. They have a good number of slips, it's well protected, and it is relatively cheap. I fished out of there for a number of years before moving the business to Rochester. Let me know if you need the number, I'm sure I can find it somewhere in my records.

Tom

Rod,

You might look into Hidden Harbor Marina on Point Peninsula. Since you are coming from the St L., it might be closer if you come through Cape Vincent. I have never kept a boat there, so I can't vouch for it though. By the way, we fished together once on the Horsin' Around. You were hankerin' for a lake boat then, good to see that you got it.

Paul

Rod,

I would have to agree with Tom on this. LOMM is probably better, but I believe you will be paying that much for a covered slip up there no matter which one you go with. Actually the marina at Association Island is the closeset to the trench out of all the marinas up there. I have not been to it myself, but have fished in front of it for bass and perch. I would get a covered slip if you have the $$$ to afford it. You will keep alot of garbage off the boat, and if it pours rain you will not get all that water in the boat to be pumped out. Good Luck, let us know how you do. We keep our boat at a family dock, I am up there atleast once a week and somethimes more. Boat name is SEADUCKTION, 240 Hardtop Thompson, give me a shout when you start heading that way.

Rich

Thanks a lot for the leads guys. I will check each one of them out and see which one works out best. It costs what it costs and based on your advise I guess I should look into a covered slip. Where about is LOMM? I know where Hidden Harbor is and I think I know Cornells. Maybe you can teach me a little about the area Rich?

Hey Paul....Of coarse I remember you. I really enjoyed fishing with you! I fished the lake mostly out of my Lund 18 ft Fisherman last year but It was too small for how often I fished the lake. I've decided I'm addicted so I sold the Lund and got the Sea Ray and a Ranger bass boat for the river. I like the Sea Ray except for the engine box.....It has twin I/O's and the engine box takes up a lot of room, but I like the twin screw so I'll deal with it. It ain't Lou's Penn Yan, but It's mine and it's paid for:) Maybe we'll be able to fish together again this year?

Rod

Rod,

Not a problem on sharing some spots up there. LOMM is located on Military road. When you come down /up RT3 turn at the caution light and go towards the lake (west). There is Harbor's End and the next one is the LOMM. Both of these have covered slips, but I would check on the second one first. I will not have the boat up there until the middle of May, we will be out west for the first week.

Saiff still has the shows, just not sure when or where they are airing them.

Rich

Many thanks! I wish I could get out west. I've yet to get out there and the way everyone talks its's awesome. Boat may not be ready yet though. I have lots of rigging and setting up to do. It's never been set up as a fishing boat so I have a lot to do but If I get it rigged in time I'm going.

Thanks for the directions.

Rod

Thanks Roadrash. Rich pm'd me and said the same thing. I've never exited HH, so I was totally unaware of this problem. I know where the cut is by looking on my chart. It looks like I'd have to go at least 4 miles total out of my way, probably a bit more. In looking at my map, that makes Hidden Harbor Marina a better choice. If they have anything available? I'll call this week. I know the Stony Creek marina, and I'll keep that in mind, along with the marina on Association Island.

I'm glad I asked for help!

Rod

Rod,

Going out and around the islands is not that bad, there are guys that fit under the bridge and still go around. It saves a little time but not too much. Going to Hidden Harbor will be a much closer run to the Shiping lanes but when the fish hit the Trench it will be a lot farther. Stony Creek is run to get to the trench and out to the Lanes, but the Lanes is trip from anywhere. If it is windy out of any of the Wests( SW,W,NW) it is a little tricky getting in and out of there, esp. being new to the area. there are open slips on the east side of the Harbor, but I am not sure how much less $ they will be. Just my opinion, You could always check over in Sacketts also, it will be closer by venicle to get to, but it might be a little more $$$. Just a thought.

Rich

I'm getting sooooooo confused!

Reel Magic, I know what your saying about the run from stoney to the trench in the wind. Got caught in the trench in my 18ft when the w wind kicked up and nearly soiled my shorts getting back. Had to go out...then back in. It was only my second trip out on the big pond and I'll never forget it. Lesson learned!

Rod,

Just remember Henderson is usually the last place the ice melts. We usually see ice out up there around the first week of April, but it might be later this year. It will give you more time to get the boat rigged.

Rich