Electronics mount

Looking for some advice for mounting my fishfinder and also a fishhawk.

I dont want the fishfinder flush mounted, I wanted everybody in the boat to see it and be able to adjust from sun glare etc.

So what is everybody using to mount ff .

Ram mount, Cisco mount????? That sort of thing.

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I like the RAM mount just have to get the right one for the particular finder.My X4D and Finder are located right in front of me next to each other so I can process both at once but depending on how much room you have and the size of finder  you should play with things before permanently mounting to make sure of all the spacing concerns. I have a friend that has his finder located too near the steering wheel and each time when with him and I have to make a  steering adjustment I get my hand scraped:lol: Being able to adjust to numerous angles is important. (e.g sun and others being able to monitor)

I have used RAM for smaller units and Cisco for the bigger ones. RAM’s are less expensive and are infinitely adjustable but not as stable. I had them on my last boat with a 5 & 7” unit and they were great. I would have to readjust them occasionally because they’d slip out of position though.

The Ciscos are obviously a lot more stable and look nicer. I have them on my boat now for my 12 & 15” units. The side to side adjustment isn’t all that helpful though because each increment is just too much for the little tweaks I would usually want. Up/down and angle adjustment are great.

I fish out of a bass style boat so probably bounce thru chop more than most trollers. That’s when my RAMs would slip a bit so the stability issue I had wouldn’t be a problem for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I'm interested in seeing pics of mounts with RAM if anyone would like to share...I have a small Garmin 5" FF mounted just to the left of my steering wheel, and sure as **** I bump it with my left thumb sometimes...I also just installed a FH X4D on the right of the dash and it's a little tight...I have an older '80's 17' open bow I converted into a fishing boat, so the dash is not optimized for any extras...

I did just buy a couple of RAM mounts, want to see how others use them to clear up a crowded dash...

dash.jpg

14 hours ago, whycanteye said:

I have my hds 12 on a ram mount and a Garmin 9" in my dashIMG_20190428_201148120.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Thanks that looks nice.  Do you need to buy brand-specific adapters to attach from the back of the screen to the RAM ball, or did you make something yourself?

Thanks that looks nice.  Do you need to buy brand-specific adapters to attach from the back of the screen to the RAM ball, or did you make something yourself?

https://www.cabelas.com/product/RAM-ELECTRIC-MOUNT-W-WRENCH/2671228.uts?productVariantId=5426608&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04953032&rid=20&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1246549&ds_rl=1246552&ds_rl=1252242&gclid=CjwKCAjw27jnBRBuEiwAdjQXDIS4affQkvJw0H9_nNJ2oozZPfjI0mQqGny9H-zLNvU6F9w61xIgFBoCjfgQAvD_BwE

I have this one, I did get it much less than that though. The bolt pattern lined right up for me. I was worried that it would move a bit in big water, it has not been any sort of issue.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I bought a helix 7 for my small boat. but I didnt have room on the dash. I tried and tried to mount it out of the way but still be able to watch for fish. so I bought a universal ram mount from bass  pro I think. I mounted the base to my dash then mover it up and away to the left of the steering wheel. its still close to the wheel but I have enough room that the wheel is clear of the unit.

• Like 1