Oak Orchard

Hey guys just wanted to give a heads up before the weekend. The launch on the west side of the river is closed from the high water. The launch at the Black North is open right now but the water is on the top of the cement. Probably could still launch with sneakers on if you're careful. I'm guessing they'll close that one soon too so hopefully it we can get one more weekend out of it.

I talked to one of the people that are in control of the east launch and they don't have any plans of closing it right now. And it did not close in 17 even at it's highest.. they already added to the post that hold the floating docks in place.. The state is quick to close there's because they have now clue about launching a boat, and they don't care about local businesses. The one on the east side is run by the county and they don't want the local businesses to suffer.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good to know! I hope it stays open so we have access! I miss the years that the county controlled the west side. Especially when it used to be free!

• 2 weeks later...