Lets talk meat rigs!!!

There are many brands of meat rigs. They all seem to have different action and definitely some are better quality than others. I am currently trying to catch alewives and then use a cure for a brine and use them as the meat on the meat rigs. I have seen videos online and it shows the proper way to do it some meat rigs can't fit an entire Alewife the one I'm looking for can fit an entire one. I've also heard that Alewife meat compared to herring is quite different but after watching some videos on YouTube by adding more salt to the brine solution your able to achieve same consistency of Herring strips. Here is the link from youtube

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DKkjJao_3MHY&ved=2ahUKEwiu0a2fi7biAhVhzlkKHTFABnkQwqsBMAB6BAgDEAU&usg=AOvVaw2WQtyfpaMKztVvx2xCX8g7

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Familure bite seem like they have been cutting their strips bigger and thicker the last year or two .. most of the time have to trim them to fit a bigweenie or Davis head ...
King mag cut bait and diobolicals new heads are larger and we have been phasing them in on our rigs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, fishinfreak said:

Is already sold out . I went to order today . Will he get more in this year ?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

He is sold out of the meat but still has the meat rigs available. Most of the bait shops have meat all summer long but just not the quality that atommik sells.  

• Like 1