No wake

On my way back in the state trooper boat at the Sandy launch pulled me over . 

He  safety checked me and said he wanted to make sure I was not making a wake within 1000 ft of shore and to please help get the word out because they are very serious about this and WILL write tickets. 

They were nice guys .  

So be aware . 

• Like 1

We passed him as he was headed out toward the mouth. Same message, but no check. With the holiday tomorrow, you know there will be someone who pushes it and gets a ticket. Don't be that guy.

Yes a state trooper 

He was headed to Greece after get he  saw me . 

Saw him 3 different times yesterday   

Came up the creek twice . 

Also saw the big inflatable with the 3  big outboard s by the launch grilling some body  Sat .  

These guys are serious 

Said they were getting a lot of  calls . 

I would certainly believe that Sandy Creek would be the last place to hang out since hardly nobody is boating out there. Waste of money. He wanted me to pull over at the state launch to talk to me about my wake and told him to follow me up to the marina. I wasnt pulling into that underwater launch. He said its 1000' now, I thought it was 300' and with 2 ' waves from the west, I told him I'd come in at 10 mph everytime to not hit the jetty. He inspected me and left.
They really didnt have any answers for any questions we had.
Again, I'm not sure who would order them to sit at a deserted underwater launch with 4 boats fishing. Yet I go over the Ibay bridge everyday and many are going fast, have your pick...smh

Silverfoxcharters.net

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silver Fox said:

I would certainly believe that Sandy Creek would be the last place to hang out since hardly nobody is boating out there. Waste of money. He wanted me to pull over at the state launch to talk to me about my wake and told him to follow me up to the marina. I wasnt pulling into that underwater launch. He said its 1000' now, I thought it was 300' and with 2 ' waves from the west, I told him I'd come in at 10 mph everytime to not hit the jetty. He inspected me and left.
They really t didnt have any answers for any questions we had.
Again, I'm not sure who would order them to sit at a deserted underwater launch with 4 boats fishing. Yet I go over the Ibay bridge everyday and many are going fast, have your pick...smh

Silverfoxcharters.net

I saw him chase you up the creek . You must look like an outlaw.

No wonder Rebel and Tommy were going so slow on their way out . :-)

I wonder if the yacht club people called . 

They are in a bad way . Better hope we,don't get  A strong noreaster. 

Edited by HB2

It’s a target rich environment.
Boats running wake on the bay. Jet skis, boats on full plane. Cops are going to run out of tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Out of couriousity what causes the lake level to be so high? This is my second year fishing Lake Ontario so i wasn’t around 2017 like alot of guys refer to.  I understand its spring and we get more them enough rain. Is this a normal thing every couple years or   Did it just start happening becouse  someone screwed up?

12 hours ago, jimski2 said:

Thank our Governor for doing something to lessen high water damage to
Lake side property.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hachimo said:

Out of couriousity what causes the lake level to be so high? This is my second year fishing Lake Ontario so i wasn’t around 2017 like alot of guys refer to.  I understand its spring and we get more them enough rain. Is this a normal thing every couple years or   Did it just start happening becouse  someone screwed up?

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2016/12/08/us-canada-agree-on-new-lake-ontario-water-level-plan/95144762/

IJC Plan 2014 is the reason for high water. Lake Ontario water height is controlled. If mother nature has played a role then let it be a sign for mismanagement of the IJC. Man is ultimately responsible for the water issues and the IJC continues to be irresponsible. The plan has been in effect for 3 years and 2 of those years have been a disaster for US and Canadian residents. Follow the money... power and shipping are the winners in the end.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

California and Texas went from severe drought to very wet. The mid west is under water and huge wind and rain storms are roaring from the west and the south. Climate change is here. If anyone is to blame, it is the policians who were warned about it, but for political purposes chose to deny what was obvious for years.

Lake Ontario isn’t exempt. It is easy to blame Cuomo or the Great Lakes Consortium. The truth is that we have ourselves to blame. Think of climate change when you get to the voting booth

Are you serious with that crap? Climate change has been around forever. Call it global warming please. I know that's what you really mean. Did you know we've had a couple ice ages? Yup, the earth had to get warm first to have the second one. The atmoworks in "cycles". May e more people should learn about it rather than spread bull crap lies.

California and Texas went from severe drought to very wet. The mid west is under water and huge wind and rain storms are roaring from the west and the south. Climate change is here. If anyone is to blame, it is the policians who were warned about it, but for political purposes chose to deny what was obvious for years.
Lake Ontario isn’t exempt. It is easy to blame Cuomo or the Great Lakes Consortium. The truth is that we have ourselves to blame. Think of climate change when you get to the voting booth

Silverfoxcharters.net

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We were  having a bad time with flooding up around Ottawa on the Ottawa river for the second time in 3 years. Water was up 12" more than 2 years ago.

Read an article that was talking about Lake Ontario about the same time.

The dam at Cornwall had its flow cut back by 1/3 because the rockstars in Montreal built a bunch of houses on an old dried up lake bed.

Water washes a burm out and flooded the place. 

Water was cut back at the dam so as not to cause any more flooding.

Now everyone gets to share the wealth of water.

Hope it starts dropping shortly.

We are getting back to normal but they are still advising not to move sandbags.

Saw a picture of Henchens in Henderson Harbour the other day.

Water creeping in to the shop.

Feel sorry for everyone affected.

Have to tell the wife we need to go fishing and support these folks.

Thats my 5 cents worth for now.

Good fishing to those that get out.

Mitch

2 ft higher and 1 ft lower 

What happens when we have drought in the watershed that feeds all the great lakes and watersheds that feed LO? 

We won't be able to get our boats out on the lake in many of the ports . 

That will come in the next 10 years sometime IMO. 

2 ft higher and 1 ft lower 

What happens when we have drought in the watershed that feeds all the great lakes and watersheds that feed LO? 

We won't be able to get our boats out on the lake in many of the ports . 

That will come in the next 10 years sometime IMO. 

It is much easier to hold back water than it is to release it. With the upper Great Lakes way above average, more water is coming into Lake Ontario.

On 5/28/2019 at 6:37 AM, jimski2 said:

Ontario Hydro opened up a tunnel under the city of Niagara Falls, Ontario that most likely contributed to lake levels.

There is no dam on the Niagara River which would be needed in order to control the flow through the river to Lake Ontario. If it doesn't go through that tunnel or the power plant on the US side, it will go over the falls. So the tunnel can only change how much water goes over the falls by diverting it around the falls, not how much water goes into Lake Ontario.

• Thanks 1