Auto pilot

• 4 weeks later...

Lowrance Autopilot Update. It’s been a while since my first post but I wanted to give an update. I had the week of July 4 th off, so I was determined to get my autopilot installed. The family had others plans, have to go chase fireworks via boat ALL Week and of course I needed to get some fishing in. Finally got the hydraulic steering and autopilot installed on Tuesday 2nd ( because I convinced the family it was going to rain) lol. Tuesday night my Lowrance Live wasn’t reading the autopilot. I tried everything, watched YouTube for hours. Nothing. I started back working on it very early Wednesday morning the 3rd. Still nothing. I was offered some help from a member on here, so 7:45 am , I was calling that member. After 2 minutes, he determined that the plastic end on the backbone was not installed. Hell I thought they were junk( extra pieces) I was wrong. Installed them and the Lowrance Live started reading autopilot. Go out Wednesday night for the fireworks, hit the autopilot and go in circles. Stopped messing with it and enjoyed the family. Go out a couple more days and I never messed with it. Get the Fishcrew on boat Saturday morning, tell them that I doubt it will work because it’s not dialed in yet but I hit the button and it worked like magic. So far so good. So after this experience I have a couple pointers to bring up. 1. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Hank from L&M is the very best. He was the member I called for help. Without any hesitation he walked me through the installation in minutes. I thank you Hank. Great human.
2. Don’t be in such a rush in life. I was complaining I had an expensive piece of equipment sitting on the work bench not installed for weeks. I was either busy fishing or enjoying the boat with the family. Good things come to those who wait.
I want to thank all the members with their assistance through this process.
Tight lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Congratulations on getting it working. I basically did the same thing installing my Raymarine system. Left a "plug" out of the backbone and it wouldn't work. Luckily I found my answer online with a quick search. I too thought it was just an extra part, lol. Autopilot has been the best upgrade I've made and I've heard nothing but great things on that Lowrance system. Enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 6 months later...

Yep me too. Thought it was a dust cap.

Congratulations on getting it working. I basically did the same thing installing my Raymarine system. Left a "plug" out of the backbone and it wouldn't work. Luckily I found my answer online with a quick search. I too thought it was just an extra part, lol. Autopilot has been the best upgrade I've made and I've heard nothing but great things on that Lowrance system. Enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app