Monroe County Offshore Classic

First off, love the MCOC, and excited to participate again this year! However, have to ask the question. Given Braddocks now has a well established (should say re-established) marina, launch and provisions, and is well within the Monroe county boundary, is it safe to assume that it will be acceptable to depart from there for the MCOC this year? I know that has not been allowed the past 2 years, but am asking that be reconsidered for this year given the genessee launch is closed, and braddocks is still functioning well.

Thank you for the consideration!

• Like 2

On 5/29/2019 at 11:05 PM, Placemm said:

First off, love the MCOC, and excited to participate again this year! However, have to ask the question. Given Braddocks now has a well established (should say re-established) marina, launch and provisions, and is well within the Monroe county boundary, is it safe to assume that it will be acceptable to depart from there for the MCOC this year? I know that has not been allowed the past 2 years, but am asking that be reconsidered for this year given the genessee launch is closed, and braddocks is still functioning well.

Thank you for the consideration!

Agreed

It's not safe to assume anything at this point.... High water has messed up a lot of things, including the guys coming out of Irondequoit Bay...
As of yesterday Shumways has a viable launch... I'm not sure about Voyager or Gibbs ( Riverview).....
Obviously it's somthing to revisit as the date gets closer...

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think at this point it’s safe to say that the water won’t recede in a week and a half for the launches in I-bay or the river to be usable. Shumways has a single lane launch, and the weigh in isn’t being held there. Last I checked, Greece was well within the monroe county line and has a usable launch as of today. Given the fact that we’ve come off of an epic spring king bite for the past two years, I think you’d be silly to not utilize the port of Braddocks Bay for this tournament. You could potentially lose a ton of participation by overlooking this port, as has been done for the last two years.

19 hours ago, Dusty said:

I think at this point it’s safe to say that the water won’t recede in a week and a half for the launches in I-bay or the river to be usable. Shumways has a single lane launch, and the weigh in isn’t being held there. Last I checked, Greece was well within the monroe county line and has a usable launch as of today. Given the fact that we’ve come off of an epic spring king bite for the past two years, I think you’d be silly to not utilize the port of Braddocks Bay for this tournament. You could potentially lose a ton of participation by overlooking this port, as has been done for the last two years.

If they open Braddocks, they would have to open Sandy too.  It is also in Monroe County.  As a tournament organizer (Sandy Creek Shootout), I agree with the decision to keep it down to two ports.  It is hard enough to police one port let alone three ports.  If they had observers, it would be less of an issue but you would lose more participants. 

Edited by GAMBLER

1 hour ago, GAMBLER said:

If they open Braddocks, they would have to open Sandy too.  It is also in Monroe County.  As a tournament organizer (Sandy Creek Shootout), I agree with the decision to keep it down to two ports.  It is hard enough to police one port let alone three ports.  If they had observers, it would be less of an issue but you would lose more participants. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

What are the rules for Sandy this year?

These guys put a lot of time and effort putting the tournament together with organization, gathering sponsorship, ect. Yes it will be difficult locating a serviceable launch on the morning of and the weather has not played in our favor, or anyone who owns lakefront property for that matter, but my hope is that it does not detract people from entering. This is my first time fishing the event and my first year in Rochester so I look forward to meeting fellow anglers in the area next weekend. These type of events to enter and fish in for "amateur" boats who do not have the space or want to spend extra to pay for an observer are rare. 

I hope this is the biggest year for the MCOC!

• Like 1

What I love most about this event and why we work very hard to make it happen is the beneficiary; Dream Factory of Rochester!    I'm proud to be part of that.   For that reason alone, we will have a great time knowing that we will be helping to make a kid's dream come true.  Don't forget, The Multi-species event is on for Friday 6/28/19 too.  Sign up at Mitchel's Bait and Tackle, Southbay Boat and Tackle or B-E Fishing Tackle.

bff 19.jpg

minion man.jpg

rob and scott.jpg

After careful consideration, the tournament comittee has authorized participants to leave from Braddocks bay.. this is only because the Genesee River public launch is closed. People wishing to leave from Braddocks will not be able to leave the bay before 0500 on Saturday...

We have recruited individuals to police this rule and will report anyone leaving early... Participants should monitor channel 72 the morning of the event for departure announcement...

Due to set speed limits, participants leaving Irondequoit Bay and the Genesse River may stage outside their ports until 0500....

Reminder weigh in time is 3pm..1500 hrs.

Give yourselves time for traffic or the Oroarke bridge if you decide to travel to the port of Rochester Marina weigh in.... Matt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Matt and Tournament team,

Thank you for allowing departure from Braddocks, it is greatly appreciated. I look forward to participating again this year and am excited to be part of raising money for a great cause!

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Ok.... Here are the cliff notes for the tourney...
Saturday...
200 to get in... Cannot leave mouth of Genny or Ibay till 0500, Braddocks- CANNOT LEAVE THE BAY before 0500...
Must be in line NO LATER Than 1500 ( 3pm)
5 fish ...only one can be a lake trout...
Only 5 fish allowed in your cooler

In the event of Tstorms rolling in through the day...use your common sense... At this point your and your crew's safety is ON YOU!
Friday-
100 to get in.. Can leave any port... 1 King,1 Brown,1 steelhead, 1 Laker, 1king
Weigh in.... Must be in line NO LATER than 3pm.
Saturday AM...everyone monitor 72 for departure.

Allow me to say this... The tourney is not designed to be a big prestigious event... It's a nice low key tourney. The goal is to bring some joy to some sick kid's lives...
What can be better? Fishing, Laughs, raising money for a great charity ( a charity that fields a team for the event!!!)

According to Channel 13'S Glenn Johnson... The weather looks really good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Missdemeanor said:

Ok.... Here are the cliff notes for the tourney...
Saturday...
200 to get in... Cannot leave mouth of Genny or Ibay till 0500, Braddocks- CANNOT LEAVE THE BAY before 0500...
Must be in line NO LATER Than 1500 ( 3pm)
5 fish ...only one can be a lake trout...
Only 5 fish allowed in your cooler

In the event of Tstorms rolling in through the day...use your common sense... At this point your and your crew's safety is ON YOU!
Friday-
100 to get in.. Can leave any port... 1 King,1 Brown,1 steelhead, 1 Laker, 1king
Weigh in.... Must be in line NO LATER than 3pm.
Saturday AM...everyone monitor 72 for departure.

Allow me to say this... The tourney is not designed to be a big prestigious event... It's a nice low key tourney. The goal is to bring some joy to some sick kid's lives...
What can be better? Fishing, Laughs, raising money for a great charity ( a charity that fields a team for the event!!!)

According to Channel 13'S Glenn Johnson... The weather looks really good.

Back-N-Black entered for Saturday, excited for this...……….. 

Well.... Here it is again.... New venue, some new teams... Some old competitors. The field is 44 boats. Great job guys and gals. We are extremely pleased with the turnout considering the high water screwing up the docking/ launches.
So in a couple hours we will blast off for the 3rd Annual MCOC... Be Safe...Use common sense... And have a great tournament.

**** Give yourselves plenty of time to be in line NO LATER than 3pm *****

• Like 1

The Port of Rochester will be serving hots for a $2 donation!  They will be giving every penny to Dream Factory of Rochester!  What a great way to make a kid's dream come true.  There will be a donation jar set up at the weigh-in with every bit going to Dream Factory.  Good Luck!