Gary, I will find that lure on my boat I know I saw it last week it must be in one of the boxes. it's too good of a lure to lose that's what happens when you have too many toys on the boat!

Was out at dawn to an east chop almost at my roughness limit , but I ventured out . 
Wind shifted from the south just after dawn and fish started to hit 

70  to 110 , 45 to 70 down 

I had 4 hits total and another good king falls pray to the Gary D rig . It has become my go to . Ken Frearson is the only other guy on the lake that has one ,but can't locate it on his boat :-) :-) . Landed 2 of the 4 . Had another good king to boatside and the leader broke , which is why I hate fluorocarbon . 

Fished till 8 and pulled lines 
KIMG0804.thumb.jpg.62b2b98b94d4f417dae1144d2155201a.jpg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

16 hours ago, HB2 said:

Middle of the winter when it was 0 for two weeks .

It use to be the only place to fish when it got like that  . 

Water gets clear green.  

But  I haven't been down there in 25 / years or more . 

I don't think Flouro was around back then 

One of my favorite places to fish . 

AS clear as I've ever seen it, I have never seen a need to go below 6 lb ultra green.  Even in the gin clear Salmon, 6 lb ullra. I agree with you totally on the Ultra green versus floro, just to easy to break, too hard to tie knots, WAY too expensive.  But I am generally swinging flies so the fish sees the fly first, maybe pinning with beads it becomes more critical.

Sometimes pinning in slow clear water, I've seen a definite increase in float drops when going to less than 6 lb test. These experiments were with fluoro, but it became difficult to land fish on less than 3.3 lb leader material. I've never run the same experiments with mono or copo. might be worth it though............

9 hours ago, Traveling Circus said:

Sometimes pinning in slow clear water, I've seen a definite increase in float drops when going to less than 6 lb test. These experiments were with fluoro, but it became difficult to land fish on less than 3.3 lb leader material. I've never run the same experiments with mono or copo. might be worth it though............

And there is the problem . I use 4# maxima and it rarely  breaks . Then for stealth I use 4 ,6 or 8 Flouro and I have problems   .I've used a ton of different tippet stuff  since 1976 and there is not even a close second to the performance of Ultrageen . But I will continue to use Flouro when I feel I need to . 

Float fishing a,small egg fly and swinging are 2 different animals. 

That 2# got me a lot of fish when nothing else worked . And it make awesome ice fishing panfish jigging line . 

Ultragreen spoiled me for everything else,when it comes to tippet. IMO a lot of, you guys use Flouro because you feel you have to but in most situation you don't need to .   

• Thanks 1