Sandy closed

15 minutes ago, Busy B 123 said:

I will be trailing my boat up in 2 weeks and staying at Sandy Pond.  Will there be a place I will be able to launch?

This is Sandy Creek in Hamlin, NY.  Way west of where you are talking about.

And for the launch on West end of Braddocks's bay, make sure you have exact amount for launch- $4(that's to launch and retrieve boat-$8 total). Not taking credit cards either.

• Like 1

Sure. I’m not sure how to help but if you need me to do something, let me know. I’ve already purchased a season pass for Braddocks in anticipation of this. Let me tell you that I’d much rather launch at sandy than most other ports. It almost seems that I’m a second class citizen for using the boat launch anywhere else.

20 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

Anybody want to see if we can get the town of Hamlin to modify the docks so it can be reopened? 

I sent the Town Supervisor an email 5 weeks ago... I was hoping to get a jump on it... We all knew it was coming...  Zero response.

• Like 1

I'm sure they didn't want anyone visiting Crosbys, topps or any establishments in town this summer. They must not need the business.

I sent the Town Supervisor an email 5 weeks ago... I was hoping to get a jump on it... We all knew it was coming...  Zero response.

Silverfoxcharters.net

At least Sandy is officially closed. Yesterday I called Mayers Marina on I-Bay to ask if their launch was open and they said yes. So today I towed my boat to the marina only to find the place flooded without proper markings as to where the launch might be under all that water. So back home I went. It is a sad situation.

In their defence 

If the town were to get a crew down their to fix the launch , it would be deemed by some  to be diverting resources away from problem areas . In reality , that would be the case . 

If it were me who was waiting for help I would be mad  if the boat launch took priority . 

Any fix need to be private money and labor 

The game plan

1:  Get approval 

2 : set up Gofundme account for Sandy creek pen project . Run it thru there . 

3 : Signs to mark drop off and turn around perimeter   . And one so users can donate . 

4 : Approach Lowe's to see if they can help out . There's a guy on here with connections . 

5 : Cones / flags to mark turn around perimeter .

6 : Tools : Generator , chop box  , drills and impacts . I have . Could use more drills drivers . 

7 : set date , have material on site  ,get crew , build and install .3 weeks should be enough time if this is move upon . Available for July Aug peak . 

If guys on here that use it kick in , and those that see sign at launch also , we should have all the money we need 

For selfish reasons I would rather see the ramp stay close so I can have the creek to myself for bass . But I'm willing to forgo that for my fishing brother . 

Edited by HB2