EZ Steer Issue

I have an EZ Steer connected from an Alpha I outdrive to a yamaha 9.9 kicker. When turning left the kicker is barely angles and with alittle bit of a wind won't turn the boat. Turning right the kicker turns just fine. When back at the dock I turned wheel to the left and noticed the tube compressed. If I detach the easy steer I'm able to push the kicker in either direction

Any input would be appreciated

You said the arm is collapsing while you're turning left so you need to tighten the EZ steer arm up a tad .put your I/O lower unit down in the drive position and in the straight position set your kicker in the drive position . adjust the kicker so in straight position with the arm attached to the i/o lower unit. On the EZ steer arm there is two pins and they have screws on the end of them need to tweak each one a little bit. Don't over tighten the pins you still want the easy steer arm to be able to move.

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good advice. The tension of the arm is factory set so as Brian said it still needs to be able to slide if necessary with the tension set.