Our team in the am division worked the waters in front of Olcott. Day one we worked the 300-400 fow with a great bite. We had a lot of small fish early and then bigger ones came later in the day. Most bites coming deep on meat and spoons. After day one we ended to in 2nd place down 7 pounds. Day 2 went back in the same area where the bigger fish came from on day 1. Day 2, another hot and heavy bite early and then it was a grind. The water moved all day and had to chase a temp that the fish seemed they wanted to be in. The bite changed and it was some deep meat and a lot of high spoon bites.  We had a good box with one over 20# but needed that one kicker fish to get rid of the smaller King in our box. That fish came at the end of the day on a deep rig meat. That fish upgraded our box by 3 pounds and secured our first pro/am am division win. Meat can definitely can help on certain days and this weekend proved it for us. We have been running N&D bait from Karen at The Boat Doctors in Olcott for several years and it definitely has helped us out! Thanks Karen for turning us on to this bait which helped us get this win!  It was really special since our team consisted of two father/son combo's!

IMG_20190601_155147.jpg

• Like 6

Well done. Congrats on finding the big ones Saturday! we just couldn’t break that 14 lb barrier on day 2. Sounds like you guys had em figured out.

The Fishin’ Physician Assistant

Been that way all spring. Big fish lifting late. I usually leave the dock around 7am- no sense beating yourself up getting there at first light. Saturday, I had a three year old rip the line from my hand while setting a rigger at 12:00

• Like 1