Cayuga Dean's Cove

Planning on heading to Cayuga tomorrow morning to do some jigging for lakers.  Only got out a handful of times last year (August time frame) and launched at Taughannock Falls.  I've never launched from anywhere else on Cayuga, so i was curious about Dean's?  Is this a public launch?  We have a 21' Tracker Targa.  Also, i know this time of year can be a little more difficult because the fish are spread out so much, but is there a general depth range we should try to target to get started?  Please feel free to PM me if you'd rather.

Thanks!

Sean

Was on the east side of the lake last week and did good out front of wells collage. Most productive fishing was shallow 35 ft of water. Did Mark fish in the 70 ft range but they were not active

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was there last Saturday this is what inactive fish look like IMG_20190606_210029783.jpeg

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well we ended up launching at Dean's this morning and got on the water about 5:45. Checked out a few areas on the west side near the launch, but didn't mark many fish or bait fish so we headed across the lake around 6:15. Ended up landing 18 Lakers between the four of us, between Wells college and Long Point. All fish were in shallow, 25-55 fow, with the majority of them being caught in 25 fow on 3/4 Oz jigs with white paddletails and white & red tubes. Most fish were fin clipped, and they ranged from 22" - 29". It was a great morning to be out on the water, and I appreciate everyone that replied to this thread or PMed me to get us heading in the right direction! 

• Like 1