I’m coming up to fish out of Mexico this weekend.  I haven’t seen any kind of reports lately. I’m planning to be on the lake at 6am Saturday morning and heading west to the plant and starting my troll in 80FOW workin out deeper till i find fish,bein 80FOW is where i got them last trip.  Gonna run mostly spoons,with a FF on a rigger  and dipsey and maybe a meat rig on a rigger also.  If anyone been out of mexico and wants to share depth and catch i would much appreciate it.  I will be posting Saturday how i do while out on the lake. 

Bring your boots if you’re gonna launch at Mexico. For reference those are 35” tires and how deep I was to launch the boat. It was prolly 8-10” of water where the ramp started

8BA06333-ED5F-4392-85E3-C24BBC681CF9.jpeg

D4E5FF50-C635-4FE2-8722-BC5CD7B6BCA3.jpeg

Edited by FishingFool34

Yeah slow morning here also, definitely a lot of debris out there. Ended 1/2 with a 17lb king that came on a 200 WS with a spoon in 105 fow. Other hit was rigger at 50 but he shook off at the boat (another king). We Started to see some good marks in 80-90fow but then the wind picked up pretty good and we headed in.

Thanks for all the replies guys.looks like I’m gonna be doin some moving around to find the fish. I usually keep my radio on 68 and go by hachimo or my name”Northbound”if anyone wants to give me a yell and exchange our findings.  

Thanks for all the replies guys.looks like I’m gonna be doin some moving around to find the fish. I usually keep my radio on 68 and go by hachimo or my name”Northbound”if anyone wants to give me a yell and exchange our findings.  

1 hour ago, littlemack01 said:

My hits started when my top speed was around 3mph or more ,

Same with me.  1for 2 so far. good king snapped my braid and one 8lb in 120FOW 70on rigger “NBK” spoon and dipsey was 150 with FF and snapped.  That was a costly one:headbang:   But i bumpes up my speed and got the two hits. 

We put in at Stony and fished from 60-135 fow and screen was empty. Ran riggers, wire dipsys, and lead cores and nothing. Pulled boat and launched at Mexico with similar results. Marked almost nothing today and saw only 1 small pod of bait in 75 fow. At least we got out but it did get choppy this afternoon. First skunk of the year!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Well another weekend trip in the books.  Saturday i went 2/5 and two were break offs due to equipment failure. I hardly marked but did see some bait pods here and there. I got my first experience with the madness off copper when it gets entangled with 3 dipseys.  That was the end of fishing last night.  Today 0/0. Hardly marked any fish and only seen bait once or twice fished from 5am to 10:00. Seemed like the story with everyone else i spoke to