State Police

Today smart phones are use constantly. Can't think of anyone putting a phone in a dry box in the boat . ( Not saying it's not a good ideal ) I would say talking on cell phone is the last thing it's used for . Between weather apps GPS apps texting getting on the Internet putting post on LOU . Everyone carries a phone , so if you are fishing with others there's back up phones . No need to put in box.

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

my phone is always in the box. its never turned on. I only use it if I want to make a call. if somebody sends me a message they won't get a reply. I only check my messages once every 3 months. when I read them they all get deleted. my phone is a dumb phone not a smart phone. I have the grandfather one where I buy 10 hours of use every year. my phone is about 15 yrs old. same battery same box it came in. this phone is very basic. its the last cell phone I will ever buy.  lets talk about smart phones. I would never buy or use a smart phone because you have no privacy with it at all. most smartphones are made in china. the commonist party controls how they get built. they put chips in to monitored your phones if you know it or not. be careful what  information you put in your smartphone. they read it. these phones are smarter than the people using it. my phone I have total control. its a dumb phone.

The NY state police marine patrols do indeed hassle people at times..     The Prowler V  party boat that  has been in business for decades, had just    had his annual CG safety inspection a few days before being boarded  by the NY state marine Police.. Had the documents to prove it.. Didn't matter,, With like 40 guys on board actively fishing, they boarded him, after following him for a while.. the captain  was  furious as i recall.. they KNOW these  guys cannot sail  without being 100%  USCG compliant, and they knew damn well who he is.. Its a well known , well respected 80 footer thats been on Raritan bay forever.. Good captain thats a real nice guy.. been on his boat several times, and its  always in top shape.. NO reason for him to be boarded  while fishing, in waters he has been plying all his life... In case anyone thinks this is a lie as well, here's a link to  the forum that I read about it in... https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108989

The guy I fish with is old school also not as hard core as you tho . He carries a dump phone and gets a text or two from me lol . We be fishing and I will goggle something . When done he will ask who's on the other end giving the answer . Now I can tell him it's the Chinese and Russians. Lol

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

tough racket to be in if you want to be a charter captain today. if you take people out fishing you better have your boat up to date or they will put you out of business. 15 yrs ago I had a little problem out on Lake Erie with the cg.  two guys with military rifles standing in there boat and the other one came aboard my boat to do an inspection. all they found wrong was flares out of date  2 months. they gave me a break but they warned me they were going to report it to Cleveland. if they catch me again I will pay a double fine. I cant complain not all law enforcement is extreme. next day I went to west marine to get new flares.

1 hour ago, Ray4852 said:

my phone is always in the box. its never turned on. I only use it if I want to make a call. if somebody sends me a message they won't get a reply. I only check my messages once every 3 months. when I read them they all get deleted. my phone is a dumb phone not a smart phone. I have the grandfather one where I buy 10 hours of use every year. my phone is about 15 yrs old. same battery same box it came in. this phone is very basic. its the last cell phone I will ever buy.  lets talk about smart phones. I would never buy or use a smart phone because you have no privacy with it at all. most smartphones are made in china. the commonist party controls how they get built. they put chips in to monitored your phones if you know it or not. be careful what  information you put in your smartphone. they read it. these phones are smarter than the people using it. my phone I have total control. its a dumb phone.

Thank you for that information. I never knew that Alexis was a communist revolutionary. I always thought that she was a smart sexy blonde with a sweet voice. From now on I will always turn Alexis off.By the way? Is it true that the Communist Chinese are sending brain waves through the Apple Earpieces? Should I put little tinfoil caps on the earplugs? I mean, you never know!!

Edited by rolmops
I'm trying to garble my brain waves

these DEC officers today like to row around in a small boat and sneak up on you  and board your boat. fishing yrs ago I had Kellogg sneak up on me off deans cove. that Pr--k came on my boat sat next to me and went through all my fishing gear. he didn't do his job he was screwing with me.  6 yrs ago I ran into him  again at the restaurant up in Ovid. we talked for about 3 hours fishing and the Railroad. he told me its no easy job being a dec officer. he met a lot of nice fisherman and bad ones out on the lake. he didn't remember me. he was forced out with a illness from his job. we talked he was a nice guy. that lire new me he played dumb. I wouldn't take no law enforcement job today. these people have to put up with more crap from the Aholes from the top. the system is roten to the core.

Rolmops

go to youtube and start watching the videos from sixth seal news talk. fake news will never tell you the truth about china.  I hope trump can pull apple out of china and all apple products be built here. its to good of a product to let the communist party build it.

2 hours ago, Ray4852 said:

Sounds like something my great great grandfather would say if he was still alive when I was born. The internet or world wide web as he probably would call it was considered the first "smart" phone so anytime you get on the computer I would be just as careful theres tin foil hatter conspiracy people everywhere these days. Just saying 

After following this thread for a few days I went back and read the original post....started by an officer, giving everyone a heads up to be sure they have all the proper/required safety equipment...pretty much to avoid being ticketed....and it's turned into a **** session. 

I say thanks to all the guys that try to keep "ALL" boaters safe by educating the idiots that buy a boat, and don't take the time to know the laws and regulations...As boat owners...we take other peoples lives into our hands every time we take passengers out for a day of fun.  Not sure about the rest of you...but that weighs kind of heavy on me.  Unlike a car...if there's a fire...you cant get out and run...your in the water..now what?  It's 50 degrees...and everyone only has so long to survive...life jackets...who knew?

Damn officers...wrote me a $$$ ticket.  I didn't know I needed a fire extinguisher.  Man I got one now.  Makes 100% sense to me...but, I'm pretty dense.

Be safe out there and take 5 minutes to check your safety equipment.  Pretty sure that was the OP's message...and it could possible save a life.

Great post. Its amazing that a thread starts as a heads up on proper safety gear turns into a comedy about cnn, left wing radicals, the communist party, canadians taking your boat, smart phones vs dumb phones, dropping sh@t, flares burning you, cell phone batteries, etc. Who needs reality tv...its all right here.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, Ray4852 said:

Rolmops

go to youtube and start watching the videos from sixth seal news talk. fake news will never tell you the truth about china.  I hope trump can pull apple out of china and all apple products be built here. its to good of a product to let the communist party build it.

You are right Ray. Them commies are everywhere. I just discovered that there are RED stripes in the American flag

You should listen to this Ray. It was written for people like you. It is called John Birch Society Blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AylFqdxRMwE

Edited by rolmops

1 hour ago, jimmac said:

Great post. Its amazing that a thread starts as a heads up on proper safety gear turns into a comedy about cnn, left wing radicals, the communist party, canadians taking your boat, smart phones vs dumb phones, dropping sh@t, flares burning you, cell phone batteries, etc. Who needs reality tv...its all right here.

I  I agree, but somewhere in this post the underlying theme is the concept of the slow  erosion of personal freedom, and those that applaud or at least accept it

4 hours ago, rolmops said:

Thank you for that information. I never knew that Alexis was a communist revolutionary. I always thought that she was a smart sexy blonde with a sweet voice. From now on I will always turn Alexis off.By the way? Is it true that the Communist Chinese are sending brain waves through the Apple Earpieces? Should I put little tinfoil caps on the earplugs? I mean, you never know!!

I alwaysthought that she was a smart sexy blonde with a sweet voice.   i like the thought of this😉

rolmops

cute video. but not what I would listen to all the time. people today take these commies to lightly. over 75 percent of the worlds population live under commie rule. the problem with our society the liberal establishment croup there morals and values. when you take god away and try to force and other system on the people they become confused and get discourage with life. everybody needs god. if you have a problem with anything sit down in a chair and talk to god. your problem will go away. another way thank god for your success in life. you will be much happier. another problem with our society today the younger people have been poorly educated. our schools don't teach history no more. these young kid have no idea why people came here from England. they came here to be free with there religious rights and wanted a better life. go back and start reading history from the early 1500 hundreds and up to 1776 when we became a nation under god. our bill of rights were written by very religious people. if we didn't have our constitution we wouldn't be here talking about it right now. what we need right now is a new political party. I been saying this now for over 40 years. we only have one party now. right wing and a left wing with a communist media lying to the people the left wing hates this country. they don't stand for anything for what our for fathers came here for. another thing that make me sick is this communist Democratic Party running our state. these people are destroying this beautiful state with big government with no values. they want to kill babies when they are ready to be born. this is godless. another thing that makes me sick is this Moran we have for governor wants to let illegal migrants to have a free drivers license. who do you think is going to pay for it. you and me. you think they will get car insurance hell no. they will get drunk and drive and kill innocent people on our highways. believe me it will happen. another thing that's pulling this state down. all cities now are a big dumping ground for people that are coming here the wrong way. I can go on and on with you. all I can tell you I feel sorry for the young people today. they better stick together and bring the weak one with the strong ones. a lot them like my trump hat they all say good things about it. trump is the best man during my lifetime. he's done so much for this country it could get better if the American people got rid of these democrats. more work could get down. 

last time I heard trump was behind in the polls by 20 percent. I love fake polls. this group from the democrat party all have I Q of 1. what they do  best is lie and tell the people what they want to here. none of them could manage a trash dump. 

Edited by Ray4852

10 hours ago, jimmac said:

Yep you are spot on.

That's what happens when people want to go out and fish,but all the launches are closed. Sort of cabin fever in mid summer.

2 minutes ago, Ray4852 said:

I wear a trump hat now when I fish. never use a smartphone to get me out of touchy situations, just plain common sense

Dude you're the kind of radical right winger that gives the rest of us a bad name. Apparently you've never been In a bad enough situation where it could help. What the hell has that got to do with wearing a Trump hat?!?! 

what's wrong with wearing a trump hat. fisherman wear different hats all the time. people have trump signs on there cars now. I'm starting to see young people wearing the hats now too.  yes I;m from the far right, very far right. as far as you left wingers go. get an education and pick up a history book and read it. you might have a different opinion about our ways of  thinking and supporting trump. trump is trying to put this country back to the way this country was founded. you people from the far left think this world is all love and fun loving and everything for free. what  makes me laugh when somebody speaks the truth they don't want to hear it.  if you don't like my hat I care less what you think.

what's wrong with wearing a trump hat. fisherman wear different hats all the time. people have trump signs on there cars now. I'm starting to see young people wearing the hats now too.  yes I;m from the far right, very far right. as far as you left wingers go. get an education and pick up a history book and read it. you might have a different opinion about our ways of  thinking and supporting trump. trump is trying to put this country back to the way this country was founded. you people from the far left think this world is all love and fun loving and everything for free. what  makes me laugh when somebody speaks the truth they don't want to hear it.  if you don't like my hat I care less what you think.
Love the hat...custom-trump-hats-customized-make-great-again-hat-inspired-parody-funny-embroidered-home-improvement-stores-open-near-me.jpg

• Like 1

Can’t believe politics are being discussed on this site. But if you want to go there, many more folks should realize they’re being fooled by Trump.  He doesn’t care about any of the issues you think he does.  He’s never been a conservative his entire life, and he pretends to be now because he knows it’s the only party that will follow him.  He’s thrived off the backs of the working class, treated them like dogs, and then still gone bankrupt multiple times.  He doesn’t care in the slightest bit about illegal immigration, he has been employing illegals at his many businesses for decades.  He has simply figured out what conservatives think they want to hear and thinks if he keeps them happy one day he’ll be the king of the world.  He doesn’t care about abortion or the church either.  The list goes on and on.  It’s all a front.  One thing I read on here I’ll agree with, we need a new party.  Both Dems and Republicans are lost.

And now back to fishing to enjoy life while we have it.