Sold / Closed WTB Marine VHF Radio

just remember the antenna is the heart of the system. if you get a good radio with and a cheap antenna you will be doing an injustice to yourself. your bettor off getting a cheaper radio and getting something better in the antenna. I had a cheap radio and cheap make do antenna. it worked ok for me until I upgraded the antenna. I kept reading and hearing that the antenna was the most important part. so I upgraded the antenna and im glad I did. my cheap radio with the new upgrade antenna was wonderful. but I did upgrade my radio with one that has gps. but the cheap radio was working great with the new antenna. my first recommended antenna is the Shakespeare 5225 xt. it cost about 125.00 on ebay.

6 hours ago, Todd in NY said:

Thanks, and I agree. Not looking for a cheap radio, but a good older radio that someone replaced with a new radio. The antenna is a Shakespeare.

I done gave my old radio away on another forum. he was looking for cheep rod holders. I had a few of my old holders so I gave them to him. he's trying to get ready for erie. so I asked him if he needed a old radio. I ended up giving the holders and radio to him just to help him out. the old radio worked good. the only reason I was giving it away was I upgraded to a radio with built in gps.

1 hour ago, Todd in NY said:

That's cool.

I'm helping a friend of mine find a radio for his boat. He's in his 70's and needs a radio.

yeah it doesn't matter your age. nobody should go out there without a working radio. he should get a meddle just for going fishing at that age.

• Like 1