The speed difference between Depth Raider and Fish Hawk

as long as its consistent you should be good i have a moore i'm pretty sure it reads slower than actual but it is consistent so i know when it hits the sweet spot for the day i am good  i dont care what the number is only that its at the same spot it was when the  last fish hit. 

• Like 1

I have the Depth Raider on my boat and agree that it reads slower than the Fish Hawk, on my boat I feel that it is about 0.3 slower than it would read on the Fish Hawk.  I like a 2.1-2.2 on the Depth Raider which I feel is more closer to 2.4 on the Fish Hawk.  Lately though, it seems like kings have wanted it faster and I have been running more towards a 2.3-2.4 speed and have been getting them to chew.

I have both and found it is not simply an offset. I calibrated gps, depth raider, and fish hawk to read identical at 2.5mph (in calm water)...at 3mph on depth raider, fish hawk reads 3.3; at 2mph on depth raider, fish hawk reads 1.8. Also changes in speed can be seen on depth raider in a few seconds; changes on fish hawk D version take about a minute to display.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app