Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Labguy32

North Sandy Pond

We are headed up to lake O Thursday and going to be staying on North Sandy Pond.  This is our first time fishing this area an would like to reach out to the LOC for any advise for newbies to this part of the lake.  We have fished out of Oswego in the past, so we are not newbies to the lake.  Any advice that you could give would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

We are headed up to lake O Thursday and going to be staying on North Sandy Pond.  This is our first time fishing this area an would like to reach out to the LOC for any advise for newbies to this part of the lake.  We have fished out of Oswego in the past, so we are not newbies to the lake.  Any advice that you could give would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Assuming your fishing the main lake, for safety sake watch out for debris in the lake. I'd run slower than you might normally go. Theres a lot of big stuff washed out into open water with the flood

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

15 hours ago, Labguy32 said:

Thanks in advance!

If you go straight out the channel from north sandy and look back to shore you will see high dunes and low dunes to the north and south, this is the landmarks the radio uses for fish location. This part of the lake gets deeper very gradually compared to Oswego, like if you want 200+feet of water you would have to go around 7+ miles offshore, haven't been out in 2 weeks so can't give a good fish report.

17 hours ago, Labguy32 said:

Thanks in advance!

By the way, post if you find some fish, I have a cottage in south pond and will post if I can get away from by bass fishing buddies this weekend.

Thanks for all the advise.  Now if the weather will just cooperate!  We will be up there from Thursday to Monday.  

I will try to post daily on how it’s going.