Lowrance HDS **** the bed

jigstick

Just installed a hds 7 carbon with the total scan transducer and was having problems similar to what you described. Couldn't find the total scan transducer listed on the sonar installation feature. Finally found a video showing that the source must be selected to connector 2 (blue) for the total scan. Voila, the choice for total scan came up automatically and it works great. I think the black connector is source #1. Maybe that was accidentally changed. Easy to accidentally change something like that and not realize it

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

and black is ch2. With your totalscan connect in the blue won’t give you sidescan only downscan. If you connect the Totalscan in the black it will give you 2D, CHIRP, downscan and sidescan. No need to choose the transducer in the installation menu because the Totalscan is a Xsonic and the unit recognize it.

On my HDS Carbon the connector that the total scan transducer plugs into is blue and the connector on the transducer cable is blue. The blue connector on the Carbon is ch2. The blue connector on the total scan transducer wire wire will not plug into the black connector. The black which is ch1 and is a different connector type altogether.

1 hour ago, lrg355 said:

On my HDS Carbon the connector that the total scan transducer plugs into is blue and the connector on the transducer cable is blue. The blue connector on the Carbon is ch2. The blue connector on the total scan transducer wire wire will not plug into the black connector. The black which is ch1 and is a different connector type altogether.

I never seen a Totalscan transducer with a blue end connector and by the way the Lowrance Elite Ti and Ti-2 have only 1 connector for the transducer and it's black. So a Totalscan is a 9 pins Xsonic and if you want to use a HDI (downscan) you can either use a Xsonic with a black connector plug directly in the black connector or if you have a HDI with a blue connecor you then need a adapter cable from 7 to  9 pins. Show me a picture of your Totalscan with a blue connector. I'm showing you mine that comes like all the others with a Xsonic black connector and has mentionne in my previous post if you plug the Totalscan in the blue you will get: 2D, CHIRP and downscan no structurescan.

I'm running Simrad EVO-3, Simrad GO-7, HDS Carbon, HDS Live, Structurescan 3D, and more

totalscan.jpg

Edited by wallyandre

I guess I am getting older than I think I am. Cant remember colors and facts from mounting a few month ago. You are correct, the total scan transducer has a black plug and goes into ch2 black connector. Channel 1 connector is blue and not used in my case. Only difference is that the transducer body has blue plastic inserts as shown on the picture under water.20190626_073509.jpeg20190626_073611.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 4:51 PM, jigstick said:

Anybody here have experience with the lowrance HDS Touch displays?  Our HDS 7 Touch is acting up.  For 3 years it worked perfect.  Last trip out the sonar crapped the bed.  it won't read depth.  it just gives --- where depth should read.  and no image scrolls across the screen.

In the settings / installation menu we have the correct model transducer chosen.  However in the network settings, under depth source, we are given one option to pull data from and its listed as "HDS 7T this device (invalid)".

somehow this error arose and I can't figure out wtf is going on.  We still get a temperature reading, but no sonar.  Lowrance cusomter service sucks balls and have been no help.

any ideas?  we did a soft reset so far to no avail.  Everything in the settings seems to be correct except the sonar source says "invalid" next to it.

Very frustrating.  Should switch to Garmin. 

Just wondering if you got your HDS working properly yet, and if so, what did you do to fix it?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys. Been away from the computer. No we never got it working. Tried everything under the sun in regards to settings. Tried new and different transducers. Updated the software. Nothing worked.