Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jigstick

Lowrance HDS **** the bed

Anybody here have experience with the lowrance HDS Touch displays?  Our HDS 7 Touch is acting up.  For 3 years it worked perfect.  Last trip out the sonar crapped the bed.  it won't read depth.  it just gives --- where depth should read.  and no image scrolls across the screen.

In the settings / installation menu we have the correct model transducer chosen.  However in the network settings, under depth source, we are given one option to pull data from and its listed as "HDS 7T this device (invalid)".

somehow this error arose and I can't figure out wtf is going on.  We still get a temperature reading, but no sonar.  Lowrance cusomter service sucks balls and have been no help.

any ideas?  we did a soft reset so far to no avail.  Everything in the settings seems to be correct except the sonar source says "invalid" next to it.

Very frustrating.  Should switch to Garmin. 

Depth and temp are set to “HDS7 this unit”. But on the depth line it says “HDS7 this unit (invalid)”

I did a soft reset but that didn’t fix it. I’m trying to avoid a hard reset because I haven’t backed up my tracks and waypoints onto an SD card yet. 

Maybe the ducer **** the bed. I don’t know. I’ve never had a problem with my Garmin, Raymarine, or Airmar components. 

im wondering if I should just buy a new transducer and plug it in.  see if it works.  I hate to throw money at a problem like that though...unless I know it will work.

I’m located in Pittsburgh but the boat is in Amherst. And I don’t know anybody with a lowrance unit up there

I did some testing. A working transducer shows zero continuity between the 3 xtcr pins

The head unit shows a fluctuating ac voltage of up to 200v on my meter from any of the 3 xdcr pins. And zero volts ac when sonar is stopped. A quick voltage test on the head unit should point you in the right direction.

Hope this info helps

903396922_HDS20Blue20Transducer20Connector_zpsva7tn3xt.jpg.9a8e3fbcd9c17eeba844e63718c65c4a.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 6/12/2019 at 10:14 PM, Todd in NY said:

FWIW, Garmin and Lowrance are now one company, according to the email I got today.

Are you sure you don't mean Garmin and Navionics?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shellback said:

Are you sure you don't mean Garmin and Navionics?

You might be right. I read the email and deleted it, so I can't go back and read it again.

Edited to say, Garmin acquired Navionics, not Navico. That's what I get for not reading the email more carefully:lol:. Thanks to Shellback, I did some research on the merger.

Edited by Todd in NY