Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you are looking for another alternative for smallies do yourself a favor and try the ned rig in green pumpkin.   This bait is very simple to fish and the less action you give it the better.  Let it sink and drag it along mostly letting it sit.

• Like 1

Watermelon with red flake. Dark purple with flake. You want be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Second the Ned rig as well. Drop shotting is also very effective on the river

Now my battlefield is goose bay how is the ned rig with all the weeds or ia it better fished over the shoals on the river

Sent from my SM-J727V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Better over shoals and rocky bottoms

• Like 1

I used the 1/5 ounce one most of the time.  We have a mold for heavier ones that my son uses for windy conditions or deep water.  The Ned works fine in weeds if they arent too dense, but it takes some patience.

Posted (edited)

You guys can give Yamamoto your money ,but I use  the Bass pro Stiko in 3 and 4" and sometimes 5" . Also Yum dinger or Big bite Baits . Bass pro make a 31/2" forktail also . 

Goto colors are green pumpkin , Houdini and my best the last month ,sprayed grass . 

I have been Ned rigging before Ned rigging was invented . I fish in water up to 12 ft so I don't need a heavy jighead. 

I have found jighead weight is CRITICAL ! 

I use 1/32 or 1/16 . Sometimes an 1/8 or 1/4 if it's windy with the bigger baits . 

Problem was you can't get a jighead that lite with a big enough hook and I got sick of paying 1$ each for the Z man 

Mushroom heads . So I bought a mold and had my machines buddy alter the mold to take a 1,2 or 4 hook . 

The last few days I have taken a 1/8 oz tungsten worm weight with a sinker stop behind as  a stop and Snell tie a #4 or 2 octopus hook . Worm weight not fixed . Basically Carolina rig . 16 to 24" lead . 

Been great for finicky fish . Can't weight to try a Craw pappy this weekend at Saranac . 

Edited by HB2