Very rare but I caught a brown years ago in 60 fow and know people that have caught lakers and even a few salmon have been caught. I fish in the Alex Bay Area. I've also heard some salmon may move into the Big Salmon River by Malone. Certainly not able to target them but there are some caught incidentally.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I’ve heard that lake trout stack up big time in October over near the Canadian ferry landing on wolf island across from cape Vincent. This came from well known charter captain. I also heard kings occasionally wander into the river in the fall near CV...that from dec guy.

23 hours ago, longtimefisherman said:

I’ve heard that lake trout stack up big time in October over near the Canadian ferry landing on wolf island across from cape Vincent. This came from well known charter captain. I also heard kings occasionally wander into the river in the fall near CV...that from dec guy.

This is true - the lake trout come in to wolf island area in the fall.  They are sometimes around when the season opens again but mostly around OOS.  Have quite a few incidentals when fishing for walleye or pike

15-20 years ago my father cough a big football brown in eel bay, pike fishing in July with shiners. Was talking to a guy while camping at Wellsley a couple of years ago and told him that story. he told me hes been fishing up there since he was a kid (well into his 70s) and said that he had pulled a few browns and Lakers from that side of the island at different times of the year.