Dipsy rod.

Hi all, I have two 9' coldwater pro dipsy rods (wire) and I'm very satisfied. It perform nicely with average to large size lake Ontario fish. But when I fish lake Champlain's landlocked salmon I barely feel the fish. I'm looking for two dipsy rods (braid would be fine) that can handle a slide diver lite bite and be lite enough to feel the fight. What are your thoughts?     

23 minutes ago, nhjim said:

were running 8-9' talora mediums on champ and have been working good. not like catching on a lite uglystick but feel you need the backbone of a med with the divers.

to each there own. I like the med/light rods its just easier to see something is wrong. pick up a small fish or some trash and the rod bends back just far enough so you know it has to be checked. but you are not alone in using a heavier rod for divers.

I can’t say enough about the GLTs. I’ve had them for 7yrs now and they have taken a pounding by kings and lakers. Yet when I’m trolling on Erie for walleye they still have enough action to them to see when you pick up a 2lb walleye or sheephead. And at $25-30 bucks the price to performance ratio is hard to beat.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nhjim said:

were running 8-9' talora mediums on champ and have been working good. not like catching on a lite uglystick but feel you need the backbone of a med with the divers.

I thought about using a medium downrigger rod but I wondered if it would have the power because it's not built for that.

8 hours ago, jigstick said:

I can’t say enough about the GLTs. I’ve had them for 7yrs now and they have taken a pounding by kings and lakers. Yet when I’m trolling on Erie for walleye they still have enough action to them to see when you pick up a 2lb walleye or sheephead. And at $25-30 bucks the price to performance ratio is hard to beat.

Actually I was looking at the GLT 9' M (10-25 lb) for dipsy. Built for dipsy and probably more lite than my coldwaters. Also it's not a big risk at that price.