Weekend forecast may be a blessing

With rain and high winds in the forecast combined with the high water and closed launches on the lake and River the spawning bass may get a break from angling pressure. With the early opener spawning bass should have been vulnerable this year. High water and less pressure due to weather conditions may lead to a good spawn this year as fish will be able to move into shallow spawning areas. Less hope conditions lead to favorable spawning even with the early opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...

Bass (largemouth, smallies, spotteds and the other few species....micropterus) as everyone should know,

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:30 AM, bandrus1 said:

still crazy to me people keep bass

is a freshwater sunfish family member. They are excellent eating. Out west in California you can go into Asian owned supermarkets and small markets where live, in the tank, 1/2lb. to 2lb largemouths go for $10 A POUND! Not so crazy to me....but that price is definitely!

15 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

You are not going to convince somebody something is worth eating because it's sold in Asian markets hahahah

So, I take it you have never cleaned, cooked and eaten bass....:wondering: Other than mounting a record fish, there really is no other reason, for most people, to keep (kill...) some bass. They are very good eating :nod:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Smb were what we used to catch and eat when I was a kid growing up on the SLR. They were much smaller then.... 1.5-2.5#. I still remember my grandmother cooking the fillets and how great they tasted. I don't keep many bass now.... but the smaller smb I keep sure are tasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United