What launches are open

First time heading out since going into the Marine Corps. Coming from Saratoga, always fished Oswego or fairhaven but I’m not sure if either of those are open? Also looking for suggestions on where to stay I’m sure a lot has changed in 15 years.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time heading out since going into the Marine Corps. Coming from Saratoga, always fished Oswego or fairhaven but I’m not sure if either of those are open? Also looking for suggestions on where to stay I’m sure a lot has changed in 15 years.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

First thing you should do is check the weather forecast. Last I saw was 5-9 footers. That means easily 6-10

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I should have mentioned we’re planning on going the week after next, weather permitting.

Hope the weather holds for u. The way they’re dumping water in Masena the lake should come down a little. Bring waders to launch. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You can launch at Wrights Landing but there are no services and you are on your own. Kind of like if you were duck hunting and using the launch in December.  Mexico pt is also open for business.  Going west, Olcott is also open and probably has the best fishing right now.  Pack boots no matter where you are going.

Thanks for the advice, any recommendations on where to stay. Would love to find a hotel or cabin that’s reasonable price and safe for the boat.

If going to Fair Haven there’s a couple decent options. Screwy Louie’s, Fair Haven Motel, and Turtle Cove have cabins

‘Bout Time
Mike