Deep V Aluminum

I don't think you will find a newer boat that is as deep as the older boats. I forget how deep my 19ft Sea Nymph was, a 1987 model, and I think it was just over 7ft wide.

Todd, ya the 19.5 Sea Nymph GLS ARE Deep! I’ve considered one of them also! Just want to look at every option. I don’t care if it’s older, just want enough motor and one without issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 minute ago, cedarswamp said:

Todd, ya the 19.5 Sea Nymph GLS ARE Deep! I’ve considered one of them also! Just want to look at every option. I don’t care if it’s older, just want enough motor and one without issues.

I agree, age of the boat doesn't matter as much as comfort, reliability and fishability.

I love my nymph. It's my first big water boat so I'm definitely biased. I found mine cheap(ish) but re did the entire interior. Only bought a few things new and the rest I searched for deals on used stuff, which most came from here. I have it dialed in to how I like it and she fishes like a dream. High sides is a must at this point in my life since I'm typically taking my 5yr old and 3yr old out. It will handle the snot if your always minding boat control. I've been out (without the kids) in 3-4's and trolled with em and she did fine. I've fished out of a FM, an STX, and a 21' alumacraft recently. They are all great boats. My fishing partner has a Starfire that just seems to fish well in any condition.

As others have said, there's some bullet proof hulls that are older, pair them with a newer motor and you are styling. Find the right deal and you won't lose if you decide it's not right for you in a few years. Stick with a name brand and a boat that's dry and you will be good ! Buy good gear and transfer to next boat, or realise you want new gear too and sell a fully rigged boat.

Last piece of advice, don't ask what's "the best" cause only you can answer that !

Mine is 87 sea nymph fish ski... 2011 90 etec

37 mph with 4 people and loaded with gear

You could get the boat and rig it top to bottom for under 20 k including new motor, batteries, riggers and electronics

Edited by bandrus1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cedarswamp said:

I found a 89 Sea Nymph GLS, without a Motor im considering, but the guy is in New Hampshire and says they don't need a Registration there, Just a Bill of Sale, Not sure how that will work when Registering in NY

I would ask your local DMV what they would need for you to register the boat and trailer in your name. Explain the circumstances and details of the sale to the DMV before buying the boat.

1 minute ago, Todd in NY said:

I would ask your local DMV what they would need for you to register the boat and trailer in your name. Explain the circumstances and details of the sale to the DMV before buying the boat.

Exactly what I'm going to do ! It will be a project because the floor needs replacing also, But perfect time to check fuel system out and replace if need be, But I hate to buy it then not be able to register later. 

• Like 1

X2 on the transom replacement before you put a motor on it.

That was the only thing I didn't like about my Sea Nymph was the cap along the top of the transom. It can let water into the transom if not done properly.

I just did my transom on my 89 before dropping a newer 4 stroke on there. If it needs floors, it prob needs a transom. Don't even plan on putting a new motor on till transom is done! It will give you a real piece of mind.

8 hours ago, NymphO said:

90hp Honda. 36ish. More than enough to get me where I need to go, as fast as I want to go.

8 hours ago, NymphO said:

90hp Honda. 36ish. More than enough to get me where I need to go, as fast as I want to go.

Do you troll with the 90 Honda or do you run a Kicker or electric? 

Older sea nymphs with newer power, and electronics. Easy,simple to work on. Replaced my floors myself very easy,and transom had done by marine repair shop.

20170827_155201.jpg

20190503_191723.jpg

Edited by line guy
Add pics

1 hour ago, cedarswamp said:

Do you troll with the 90 Honda or do you run a Kicker or electric? 

I trolled with a kicker motor. My boat also had a 70# thrust 24v trolling motor on the bow that I used when bass fishing. The trolling motor needs a very long shaft because of the height of the bow.