Transducer Mounting Plate

Hookedup

I use one on a Lund and love it The only thing I did wrong was put it flush with the bottom it should be 1/2 in up from bottom of boat but it worked out nice no more drilling multi holes Cabala's sells them They were on sale but not sure if they still are.

I installed the bigger one on my Crestliner using larger bolts up above the waterline. After a couple seasons the bottom of the board pulled away from the transom and at high speed it was spraying water out the sides. I bought some silicon bedding compound and filled in the gap and it seems to be OK. I would recomend using the bedding compound when you first install the board.

I use one, I bought a big cutting board from walmart, one of those white plastic ones, cut it to size and secured with 2 stainless screws. Not sure exactly what it is made of, but it is some type of material similar to starboard, but at a fraction of the cost.

• 2 months later...

I upgraded my humminbird fish finder to another humminbird fish finder and when I was reading the transducer mouting instructions, I need to have the transducer mounted 1/8" from the bottom of the boat. I want to put a transducer mounting plate on my aluminum boat...should I mount the mouting plate flush with the bottom, 1/8" off the bottom or do I have some other option?

The new transducer seems to be larger than the older one, so I'm not sure if the new transducer will fit on the older mount.