Oneida Lake Marina Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good marina on Oneida Lake? The Oneida Lake link on this forum isn't very active so I'm asking here.

I have a 22ft Crestliner Sabre, and I'm interested in a marina that isn't known for theft and vandalism, one that is family oriented, quiet, and pet friendly.

My uncle and a couple guys that I work with store their boats year round at Snug Harbor Marina. They have never had any issues there, seems to be a pretty laid back place the few times I have been there.

Edited by FishingFool34
  • Like 1

Thanks! Renting a slip is much cheaper than buying property there.

My wife's grandparents had a camp in Sylvan Beach until they sold it about 10 years ago. Some of my wife's best childhood memories are the weekends she spent with them on Oneida Lake.

14 minutes ago, Todd in NY said:

Thanks! Renting a slip is much cheaper than buying property there.

My wife's grandparents had a camp in Sylvan Beach until they sold it about 10 years ago. Some of my wife's best childhood memories are the weekends she spent with them on Oneida Lake.

They should be glad they sold it then, a lot of the trailer/camp parks in the Sylvan Beach area just got bought out by Oneida Indian Nation. They weren't given the option of selling, they were told they had 'X' amount of days to leave. OIN owns all of the marinas in Sylvan Beach now as well.

9 minutes ago, FishingFool34 said:

They should be glad they sold it then, a lot of the trailer/camp parks in the Sylvan Beach area just got bought out by Oneida Indian Nation. They weren't given the option of selling, they were told they had 'X' amount of days to leave. OIN owns all of the marinas in Sylvan Beach now as well.

Wow, I didn't know that. Their camp was a small house near the seafood restaurant Captain John's, between that and the beach.

Does OIN own Snug Harbor too, or just the properties north of the canal?

14 minutes ago, Todd in NY said:

Wow, I didn't know that. Their camp was a small house near the seafood restaurant Captain John's, between that and the beach.

Does OIN own Snug Harbor too, or just the properties north of the canal?

Yes they own Snug Harbor, Mariner's Landing and what's left of Marion Manor. 

34 minutes ago, Todd in NY said:

We haven't kept up with any local news there for 10 years now. I hope all of these changes haven't hurt the local economy.

I'm sure they have big plans for the area. They bought Marion manor 2yrs ago now, tore the main building down within the first month but left the ramp, docks and large storage shed. They are in the process of replacing the main section of docks and fuel pumps now. They must have something in mind there and with all the land near the marinas they bought as well. Only time will tell I guess, in the meantime walleye fishing is on fire right now. I usually get out there once or twice during the week, I only live 15 mins from the lake. 

1 hour ago, FishingFool34 said:

I'm sure they have big plans for the area. They bought Marion manor 2yrs ago now, tore the main building down within the first month but left the ramp, docks and large storage shed. They are in the process of replacing the main section of docks and fuel pumps now. They must have something in mind there and with all the land near the marinas they bought as well. Only time will tell I guess, in the meantime walleye fishing is on fire right now. I usually get out there once or twice during the week, I only live 15 mins from the lake. 

Good to hear that the walleye fishing is hot there. I've never fished Oneida, but I want to start this summer. I might only make a trip a month down there. The only launch I've looked into is the big county park on the west end of the lake. I'm a weekday fisherman because I don't like crowded boat launches. I'm more than an hour away from the west end off I-81. Where do you launch from?

Edited by Todd in NY

20 minutes ago, Todd in NY said:

Good to hear that the walleye fishing is hot there. I've never fished Oneida, but I want to start this summer. I might only make a trip a month down there. The only launch I've looked into is the big county park on the west end of the lake. I'm a weekday fisherman because I don't like crowded boat launches. I'm more than an hour away from the west end off I-81. Where do you launch from?

I launch from Godfrey Point usually. Nice state launch right in the middle of the lake on the north side. It's right before the town of Cleveland on rt 49, decent little bait shop a mile down the road. Huge parking lot, it's usually never crowded during the week either and a big plus is it is FREE to launch there. Very good walleye fishing close to the launch as well. Shoot me a pm next time you go and I'll give you the details on the fishing.

Edited by FishingFool34

1 hour ago, FishingFool34 said:

I launch from Godfrey Point usually. Nice state launch right in the middle of the lake on the north side. It's right before the town of Cleveland on rt 49, decent little bait shop a mile down the road. Huge parking lot, it's usually never crowded during the week either and a big plus is it is FREE to launch there. Very good walleye fishing close to the launch as well. Shoot me a pm next time you go and I'll give you the details on the fishing.

Sounds good, thanks a bunch! We always drove down Rt 49 to go to Sylvan Beach. I didn't own a boat back then, so I never paid attention to boat launches, Marina's, or anything related to boating.

I haven't used my Sabre yet this year, so today I've been doing my pre-season maintenance such as spark plugs and gear oil. Can't wait to get the Sabre out on the water.