Fried my Minn Kota Terrova?

Last night when I deployed my Minn Kota Terrova, as soon as the power switched on there was a flash and a puff of smoke that came from where the shaft goes through the control unit, and it smelled electric. I suspect something was fried, despite my having a 50 amp breaker installed - the motor wasn't under load, so it likely wouldn't have mattered. I'm trying to figure out whether there's a shop nearby that can handle electrical repairs on trolling motors. I considered purchasing a new unit without the iPilot and moving the existing head, but it turns out Minn Kota doesn't sell the Terrova anymore without the iPilot factor installed. And prices on new units are outrageous. 

Any guidance is truly welcome.

I had a similar problem on my old 24v terrova...I bought a new 36 then fixed the old one and sold it.  Snake Creek marine replaced a board and I think it was about $170 if memory serves me correctly.  The Minn kota website has a service provider search.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to pull it off and open the steering assembly, which is where the smoke came from. If that's it, Fish307 sells them for $127. I'm also worried that the "system ready" green light wouldn't go on after she smoked...I know there's power getting to the motor, because the check battery function works...but if I can't figure it out myself, then it's going out for repair. I spoke to Tony - 80 years young and still going strong. May take a ride to Orchard Park to see him. 

Thanks, Zach, but the Link function on the iPilot is wasted on me.