Launched today at Mexico Pt around 3pm and went out on Mr Toads wild ride for about 4 miles. Busting 2-3 and sometimes 4 footers.  Set up in 80 fow and trolled out to 130 fow without marking any bait. Just before we turned around the 60’ downrigger goes off and my son reeled in a nice Steelhead. Caught on a  Fat Nancy Magnum. 

Waves started to get bigger so we turned and trolled back into 80 fow and packed it in. Fished three hours, one fish. Hope somebody knows where they are 😉

00D888E1-C405-45D2-AAE4-714777C923BF.jpeg

Launched today at Mexico Pt around 3pm and went out on Mr Toads wild ride for about 4 miles. Busting 2-3 and sometimes 4 footers.  Set up in 80 fow and trolled out to 130 fow without marking any bait. Just before we turned around the 60’ downrigger goes off and my son reeled in a nice Steelhead. Caught on a  Fat Nancy Magnum. 
Waves started to get bigger so we turned and trolled back into 80 fow and packed it in. Fished three hours, one fish. Hope somebody knows where they are [emoji6]

00D888E1-C405-45D2-AAE4-714777C923BF.thumb.jpeg.e3a4d77084837cfba3b615b148458e2f.jpeg
Beautiful looking fish. Congratulations

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mexico has been tough for me as well since the browns slid out. My stories are very similar to Del’s. Lots of bait pods though 60-130 feet, they’re sometimes stretching 40’ top to bottom. Good luck. If the lake lays down today or tomorrow I’ll be out there! They’ll move in at some point!!!

I’ll be out of Mexico Saturday morning  I’ve had very little luck in Mexico this year. Flashers, spoons, 30 to 75 down over80 to 130 feet. Mark fish, mark bait but can’t seem to get anything to hit. It’s been frustrating. Think it’s worth it to make the run to Oswego? 

5 hours ago, Offshore IV said:

Mexico has been tough for me as well since the browns slid out. My stories are very similar to Del’s. Lots of bait pods though 60-130 feet, they’re sometimes stretching 40’ top to bottom. Good luck. If the lake lays down today or tomorrow I’ll be out there! They’ll move in at some point!!!

I haven't been out in almost 3 weeks now because of this (and hot walleye bite on Oneida Lake). Super slow since mid May for me basically. My last 2 times out have totaled 3/5 with only 1 salmon. Might give it a try Sunday, but I'm not super optimistic about it. Sounds like they are doing really well further west so hopefully those fish move this way soon!  

Edited by FishingFool34