• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
My Time Out

Seneca Seneca Falls Sewage Discharge

Just an FYI

Issued: 06-20-2019, 11:24:10 

Affects: New York - Seneca - Seneca Falls Sewage Discharge

The Seneca Falls (T) WWTP, NY0033308 is issuing this notification.

Discharge location: 9.5 Seneca Street, Seneca Falls, NY

Location details: 

Waterbody affected: canal

Discharge description: Eq Tank leak

Potentially impacted public areas: Fishing Area - canal east of the locks

Discharge date and time: 06-20-2019 at 12:00:00

Discharge duration: Aprox 24 hrs Hours Ongoing

Discharge reason: System Capacity -  heavey rains

Steps taken to contain discharge: waiting for flows to lower then drain EQ tank to the plant

Volume/rate of discharge: 20 Gallons per Minute Estimated 

Treated state of discharge: Untreated

Will this end up in Cayuga?

I'm sure it already has. That location is about 1 mile upstream on the canal that flows into the North end of Cayuga. Depending on currents it could run South towards Cayuga state park but more likely will get pulled towards the Seneca river and up towards Montezuma. More apt to expose bullhead, bass, perch in the shallow North end.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sad but true. Word is that back in the 70's and '80's the Chemical company in Waterloo would discharge in that canal and turn the water florescent green or orange so I guess a little human discharge is minimal impact in comparison. Runoff from sloping fields that get livestock manure spread are probably as bad or worse

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Looseeye’s Seneca and Cayuga 8/10-14 Running Report

First time out and I am reporting as promised.   Just got back from fishing out of Sampson Marina. Headed to the Nwest side of the lake to try to play the winds which have kept me on the trailer since arrival. Ran a spoon program hoping for silver at 2-2.4mph. No silver but Landed 4 lakers. One with a lamprey which was promptly made into two and “released”. All fish looked really healthy, released well and swam away strong. Headed in at 11 when things got rough and I got hungry.   Was ple

in Finger Lakes Discussion

• Niagara Falls USA Fishing Forecast for August 14, 2019 from Destination Niagara USA

The calendar has aligned once again to bring Lake Ontario anglers 3 different fishing derbies for one special weekend. The Orleans Rotary Derby is winding up and will end on Sunday, August 18. It’s still not too late to enter. The current Grand Prize leader is Larry Duckworth’s 27-pound, 8-ounce Point Breeze salmon. The Fall LOC Derby starts August 16th and runs thru Labor Day with a $25,000 Grand Prize. Check out www.loc.org for details. And the Greater Niagara Fish Odyssey Derby is August 17th

in Lake Ontario Counties (LOC) - Fishing Reports

• Brown trout in Seneca and Cayuga

what would be the better lake to target brown trout in Cayuga or Seneca? I will be on Seneca fishing Sunday mainly for silvers but wouldn't mind to tangle into a brown trout or 2 , would the north end or south end have a better chance of producing ? I'm just looking for a finger lakes trophy brown not so much into the numbers game if that helps any 

• Niagara Falls USA Fishing Forecast for Thursday, August 8, 2019

Just a reminder: Free Fishing for Lake Ontario, the lower Niagara River and St. Lawrence River all the way through Labor Day! It’s the state’s way of trying to help out the businesses along the Lake Ontario shoreline that have suffered from the high water levels. Yes, Lake Ontario is open for business and fishing is great! In addition, it’s half-price for admission into some 30 state parks along the lake and rivers and half-price camping in those parks. Enjoy!   In the lower Niagara Ri

in Lake Ontario Counties (LOC) - Fishing Reports

• Seneca/Cayuga Advice

Hi folks! Well it’s been another year since I last posted and likewise I last visited the area. My trip went well last year. I only fished Seneca and despite coming a week or two after the flood we still managed some good catches between storms.   I have been following everyone’s reports so thank you everyone. That’s said, I had a few questions I was hoping someone might be so kind as to answer.   Setback from ball and ball type? Any thoughts? I will be bringing sharks both black and silv