What did Salmon Claus get you this year?

Fishtails

Another year.... no salmon gear !! I guess my wife just refuses to encourage my addiction. I did get myself a new rod/reel and 10 packs of Gulp shrimp for my upcoming Florida Keys trip though ;)

How about you guys.....score anything good?

No new tourney team, I am true blue with the Cold Steel boys come Pro/Am time !!

Have 2 younger boys (one in the image) who wonder why they can't come with Dad the many weekends I am away fishing, now we can get on the water together here and there !!!

Billy, bought the boat through TJ, 90 model 26' Pro Hunter with a newer re-power, inboard non-tunnel and has a later model Ray Marine radar and Furuno GPS, also has a dated Furuno fish finder soon to be replaced with a new 585, has outriggers and a new floor, boat is surprisingly clean and looks like she has been handled well through the years (hopefully (: ) Will also be adding 3 new Brutes, many Big Jon rod holders and many Tekotas come spring !!!! (: (: (:

PD $12,500 which included the 350 mile haul, winterization and shrink wrap. The boat was as close as I could find to everything I was looking for, searched for a few months and made about 6 offers and put in about 2500 miles worth of drive time looking before I struck a deal.

Was fun searching, had a good time and met a few people, not a bad time to shop, all offers were on 26 to 27' Penn Yans, all of which each of the owners were not willing to give away for a steal like I was looking/hoping taking the economy into consideration.

Thanks guys for thr congrats, many anglers I talked to during my search gave me some great input and info that I used to my benefit, I am often reminded how close knit us big lake guys can be while others of us are in need. I received a lot of great info from many willing to aid in any way...........

Tom

I'm hoping everything will be ok Tim, you would never know from the look of the boat, I talked to a few owners who recently purchased previously owned salt water boats and most had good luck, heard the horror stories as well but guess we will see !!!

The name is known but is currently a secret He He He, send me an E Mail and I will share the name with you on the QT...............

I wouldn't mind a new rod and a deep sea trip next Christmas !!

Tom