What Size Dipsy

stan

Stan we use # 12 dypsys on the boards. these must be special ordered as most stores carry the smaller size.dont run more than 6 per side with inconclusive graduants applied to each motive of depth.Speed can vary with this setup as occures with varations and fluctuations that are common within a given thermocline in the great lakes .The difference in latteral seperation can be changed or controled with various amounts of line out so how far is a stupid question ....your not stupid are you? if so im sorry for picking on you ,but such basic questions are really stupid and no one really ask such basic questions out here.As to your last question on the settings that will depend on the presentation your looking to be applying to the spicies of fish your targeting if you have a clue as to what fish your after maybe I could elaborate and be more spacific as to your questions ...Hope this helps ...Ray K.

will stupid is cool. :beer:

------------------------------

Rainbow Trout

Brown Trout

Land Locked Kings

Striper's

Mackinawa ( lake trout )

----------------------------------------------------

Ray it's just on the Big John page on there otter boats it shows dipsy's being run off the planner board line. I don't know or have a glue, so I need to ask dumb questions.

I would have thought jet divers would have been,a better choice or drop weights. But I did not make the drawing 8)

Stan, you may want to try the light-bite slide diver. One, because you are dealing with smaller trout on those alpine lakes.......these divers will trip with small fish when set correctly. Second, you said you are getting snags a lot, so if you are hitting bottom with the diver, you can reel some line in quick before the bait snags due the fact you can have a long leader from bait to diver giving you time to react. I would not run these off the boards. Try the Big Jon mini disks off the boards. ;)