Oswego Got 3+ Inches of Rain Yesterday

We did an addition on our house in 2017 we couldn't get a break with the rain. At one point the crawl space looked like a swimming pool. This year I don't think we have gotten as much rain but still a lot more than usual our backyard is a hill and last week was the driest it has been so I mowed the 1' tall yard. It still had standing water with almost 5 days no rain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Todd in NY said:

All in less than 5 hours time. That equals a month of rain in 5 hours. So much for the Lake Ontario water level going down anytime soon.

My camp is right between Oswego & Fairhaven. Rain gauge here said 4.04 inches. We are saturated to say the least.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

We still going with it is the plan that is to blame?

I blame both the weather and plan 2014. I've said all spring that we've had a lot of rain, judging by all the water in my creek all spring. The Eastern side of Lake O had a lot of snow last winter and this spring.

Regardless of what lake level numbers are reported, the lake is at least 3ft higher NOW than it was last September 19th when I pulled my boat out of the marina.

8 hours ago, Todd in NY said:

I blame both the weather and plan 2014. I've said all spring that we've had a lot of rain, judging by all the water in my creek all spring. The Eastern side of Lake O had a lot of snow last winter and this spring.

Regardless of what lake level numbers are reported, the lake is at least 3ft higher NOW than it was last September 19th when I pulled my boat out of the marina.

all the great lakes are at record highs... The Plan is impacting every one?

We still going with it is the plan that is to blame?
Well id like some answers on why they cut flows so drastically in January when they were already 8" or so above average then continued that until it was too late to do anything because if the Ottawa river. Look at the ijc site and the charts of the last 3 years. That 8" is a would make a big difference....hell 4" lower would be a workd of difference. Thats why i blame plan 2014

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We had 3" at my house in Rush and I spent the day on Thursday dealing with the patio, basement, and neighbor's house. You know that you can hook your spare bilge pump to a hose and run it off a lawnmower battery to get standing water out of a basement? We had three going at the neighbor's place.

• Like 1