Heading to Olcott June 22-24

A buddy and I are planning to fish Saturday evening, Sunday and Monday morning. Would love to work with others for mutual success. (I'm waiting on a replacement part for my Depth Raider, so I'll be handicapped from the get-go.) Also, what radio channels do most guys use? Thanks! DammitDave 715 977-2425

3 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

If you don’t have a downspeed, consider trolling North/South and look at the bend in your dipsy rods. 

Thanks, I'll do tip. Will also watch rigger blow-back. I also plan to pay close attention to speed when we do connect with a king and also heading.

Edited by DammitDave

I've been trolling Lake O for 15 years without downspeed. Too many life events recently to make the $1,000 investment in a probe. I've had many days with insane numbers. Just pay attention to the angle of your rigger cable and listen for the hum. Or, as mentioned above, look at the bend in the dipsy rods as well. 

Downspeed is super important but not having it won't break your day if you pay attention to some other details.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beagler said:

Wind is good.  We are in a 16 footer.

Thanks! Was out yesterday the only rod we moved was a rigger down 100’ with a green dolphin spoon in 100-150 fow. They were sitting down deep. High rigger didn’t have a touch. 

I haven't been able to find any bigger fish in the last two weeks. My catch numbers have been solid, but I just can't seem to break the 15lb mark. Are you guys finding any fish with size?

We have 3 big fish now. 160-180 FOW just east of Olcott. 2 rigger down 53. 1 300 copper. Both spoons

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app